[1.1.59] synchronised inserters fall out of sync while depositing items on belts

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.59] synchronised inserters fall out of sync while depositing items on belts

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Fooluaintblack wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:51 am
Fooluaintblack wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:43 am
it’s deterministic only in the sense that every player sees the same behavior
Yes, I understand this. Still, large scale train-to-train bases with synchronised behaviour is not a novel idea; 10k SPM example, 20K SPM example. Regardless, I would still like to understand what it is that I need to design around.
Sure, but if you’ll notice with the 10k spm base at least, they separate their plain sulfur from sulfuric acid production, so they’re not taking the sulfur for both from the same producer. They also combine the fluid inputs and outputs to not be isolated systems.

Edit: Wanted to add, I’m not saying that you need to separate regular sulfur production from sulfuric acid production, but in any situation where you have 1 producer’s output being split between 2 distinct lines, you should do something to account for that, whether it’s circuit control, having inputs and outputs of the whole setup shared (at least at the parts that can potentially back up), or changing the way the output of the producer is split (maybe have it all output to 1 belt that is then evenly split with a splitter?).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Gameplay Help”