Logistic control by count doesn't work for some items

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Logistic control by count doesn't work for some items

Post by wheezil »

In the attached game save, the inserter I am standing by is set to disable when Induction Furnace II count is <2. Count in the logistic network is currently 1, but the inserter is disabled anyway. Doesn't actually matter what the control setting is, it could be 200 but still will be disabled. I've seen this with a smattering of different items. And I just realized that I have no idea how to attach a saved game to this post. But if someone can give me a clue I'll do it. :-(

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Logistic control by count doesn't work for some items

Post by DaveMcW »

There is a circuit network tab, and a logistic network tab. Make sure you are on the correct one.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

wheezil wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:33 pm
is set to disable when Induction Furnace II count is <2. Count in the logistic network is currently 1, but the inserter is disabled
I know you meant "set to enable when", otherwise this would be functioning as intended ;)

But Dave is right. The Circuit and Logistic control tabs "and" together, so they both need to be satsified for the inserter to enable. If you accidentally connected a circuit wire and left it with an empty condition, that might be blocking it.

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wheezil »

Right! I meant, "Set to enable when count < 2"
I checked and there is definitely no circuit network connection, only logi network.
Can you help me attach the game save? I think that will make things clear, or prove me a fool :-)
Thanks,
john

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wheezil »

Ah wait! I see the problem. The logi connection popup also says "No network in range".
I'm still at nerfed logistics phase, and my logi expanders have a gap.
Thanks!
john

Return to “Gameplay Help”