Circuit question

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
finegula
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Circuit question

Post by finegula »

I have a defensive/ laser wall. I want to put it on it's own power system (solar) so it stays hot even when I run short elsewhere. But I'd also like it to draw from the main system when it is fully stoked if possible. Is it possible to set up a circuit and switch that reads the overall power level of the electric grid, and shuts off the main when it runs low, leaving the laser independent and fully powered?

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Circuit question

Post by SoShootMe »

finegula wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 am
Is it possible to set up a circuit and switch that reads the overall power level of the electric grid, and shuts off the main when it runs low, leaving the laser independent and fully powered?
The only information you can read from the circuit network relating to the electric network is the charge of an accumulator. If other sources of power are insufficient, accumulators will discharge. So you could read an accumulator on the main network side of a power switch, and disconnect the switch if the accumulator is not fully charged.

However, Laser turrets have a higher power priority than other consumers, so Laser turrets will have all the power they need unless available power is insufficient for them, without doing anything special.

Return to “Gameplay Help”