Train Pathing Issues

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
awill34833
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train Pathing Issues

Post by awill34833 »

I have a train setup with a stacker for all ore trains and then 4 drops for the 4 ores the with multiple mines named the same so the trains can choose with mine to go to the problem I am having is the train in the stackers showing destination full which is fine as the off load station has a train limit of 1 but the one train that is pathing to the station isn't moving and isn't showing destination full or no path it just doesn't move.

I can trick it by chancing the train limit but it then only works for one cycle of the trains in the stacker

and help would be much appreciated as I am struggling to understand the full train signalling rules.
Screenshot (42) 1.png
Screenshot (42) 1.png (4.17 MiB) Viewed 1176 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Train Pathing Issues

Post by Loewchen »

Post the save.

awill34833
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by awill34833 »

here is my save
first playthrough.zip
(52.29 MiB) Downloaded 99 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

There is a signal missing at one of the stations of the holding bay so the exit block is occupied.

awill34833
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by awill34833 »

thank you i think that has fixed it how did you find the problem so quick for future fault finding?

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

I'm guessing "experience"... :D

One hint is to hover a signal in your hand in the area, and the rail "blocks" are highlighted. This can show you why blockages occur.
The other thing to try is from the train menu hold Ctrl and then see how far along the track the train will path before being blocked - this can show where a missing signal may be.

Return to “Gameplay Help”