[Modded: Bobs, Crafting Combinator] Can't find the bug of my circuit contraption

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Kratos Aurion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Modded: Bobs, Crafting Combinator] Can't find the bug of my circuit contraption

Post by Kratos Aurion »

(EDIT2: Found a "bug", that might cause this behaviour. But I don't know why, read my second post if you're not interested in the details.)

I'm currently experiencing a strange behaviour in my circuit contraption.

But before describing my problem, let me show you:

buggy.jpg
buggy.jpg (184.73 KiB) Viewed 1045 times

For testing the blueprint, you need to do the following:
  • Have Crafting Combinator Mod and Bobs Adjustable Inserters installed.
    (I don't know whether the bug is caused by bobs mod, his inserter was my testing dummy and I want the contraption to work with Bobs, so disabling it isn't an option)
  • Place the blueprint, let your robots build it
  • Remove the three constant combinators marked with D (those in hazard concrete), dont do this before the whole signal delayer was build and initialized
    Building this contraption is a little more involved. After the entire thing has been built, the combinator marked by the hazard concrete that is holding 1 green signal needs to be deconstructed. This combinator needs to be built for proper function because the decider combinator with Input: "Blue" <"Green" needs to be holding 3 signal blue for the Variable Signal Delayer 2.0 to function properly. Similarly the combinator that holds "≥4 Green" always needs to have at least 4 signal green or the whole thing will not work well.
  • Turn on the input constant combinator
At first, it's doing everything as it should.
It's receiving the inserter signal, saving it to the memory cell, reading from there and splitting it up in it's components (via Crafting Combinator). The three components of my testing dummy inserter are one by one also stored to the memory cell, they're NOT split up into their components meanwhile.

Then, the last stored item, in this case a simple circuit board, is read from the memory and split up into it's components, 3 copper cables and a wooden board.
Those are never stored and perpetually cycling through the combinators marked with ERROR.

Now to the strange behaviour:

First of all, the above perpetual cycling shouldn't appear. (EDIT1: well, it should cycle but the signals should disappear one by one per cycle)
Seceond, if I'm debugging this behaviour via Controllinator mod, this error does not appear! Everythings working the way it should! :roll:

So my first guess was the crafting combinators don't send their signals at the same time.
To counter this, I added the two decider combinators after the crafting combinators which send the input signals to some pulse generators only if the S signal equals 0. Therefore the constant combinator sends a signal of S=-2 and the decider combinators above and under the crafting combinators send S=1 if Anything>0.

This didn't solve the problem and I'm clueless what to do, reaching out for your help.

Some further explanations:

The lower crafting combinator sends a signal with varianced value of each component the input signal has, so I can store each component on its own. (didnt find a way for filtering ANY signal from a set of signals, where some have the same value)

Feel free to ask for more information, I'm really thankful for any help!

Some credits to the following helpful pages:
Memory Cell
Signal Filtering
Signal Delayer 2.0
Last edited by Kratos Aurion on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kratos Aurion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Modded: Bobs, Crafting Combinator] Can't find the bug of my circuit contraption

Post by Kratos Aurion »

Kratos Aurion wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 pm
[...]So my first guess was the crafting combinators don't send their signals at the same time.
To counter this, I added the two decider combinators after the crafting combinators which send the input signals to some pulse generators only if the S signal equals 0. Therefore the constant combinator sends a signal of S=-2 and the decider combinators above and under the crafting combinators send S=1 if Anything>0.[...]
So, I could narrow down the problem to that specific setup. And I'm really confused. Here's the part in detail:

FalsyContraption1.png
FalsyContraption1.png (156.52 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Wiring.png
Wiring.png (198.91 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

Both left deciders are set to:
Decider1.png
Decider1.png (17.86 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

Both right deciders are set to:
Decider2.png
Decider2.png (18.15 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

The constant combinator is set to:
Constant1.png
Constant1.png (12.83 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

With this setup, if my not insane, the right deciders should only output their input if the left ones are each outputting S=1, so the total of S becomes 0.
And the right ones are outpitting this S=1 if they receive anything > 0 from the modded entities.

Anyways, I was trying to snapshot the signals when wooden board is greater than 0.
I'm catching the signals with the values as intended.

BUT, if I'm adding a clock to my "snapshot machine", that's constantliy increasing as soon as I'm turning on the INPUT, the snapshotted "ticks" which are stored are off by 1, for example one snapshot has the desired signals and the tick 78 stored, the other one has the desired signals and tick 79 stored.

The confusing behaviour with Controllinator is confirmed, while using Controllinator and forwarding the signals manually I'm getting a snapshot of the tick with the same value.

So, how's that possible?

This is the "snapshot machine", I think it should work as intended:

Return to “Gameplay Help”