0.18.45 How to Clear blueprints

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
web07
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

0.18.45 How to Clear blueprints

Post by web07 »

I have been playing this game of many years at this point (my current save has around 1500 hours and counting at the moment).

I have recently been having a clear out of a load of old and not needed blueprints and have found that the Clear blueprint shortcut is missing, from what i remember it just to be shift + right click on a blueprint in the players inventory and this would clear the blueprint anything that it contained leaving a blank blueprint in your inventory for use later.

Does anyone know what has happened to this feature and if so what the shortcut is now.
If not

Developer - Please reinstate this shortcut as this is a really useful, quick and easy of clearing out blueprints for later use. The ability to clear blueprints is a crucial part of being able to recreate large amounts of industry/building network quickly.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.18.45 How to Clear blueprints

Post by ickputzdirwech »

You can open the blueprint with right-click. Than there is a blue button like the create „new blueprint shortcut“ but smaller. When you click on it you can select new content for the blueprint.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

web07
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by web07 »

Ok, so there is no way to have a stock of blank blueprints anymore then?

if so, does anyone have any idea as to why this was taken out and when?
Last edited by web07 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

web07 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 pm
Ok, so there is now way to have a stock of blank blueprints anymore then?

if so, does anyone have any idea as to why this was taken out and when?
I don't know about "no way" but for sure there's "no need".

Ctrl-c, then hold shift while highlighting. Boom blueprint.

Even better, Alt-B. Boom blueprint.

Don't like to use keyboard commands? Click the "make a blueprint" button. Boom blueprint.

Now I must ask... Given these superior options, why do you want to fill your limited inventory slots with empty blueprints?

HeyHarry3636
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HeyHarry3636 »

I don't know about "no way" but for sure there's "no need".

Ctrl-c, then hold shift while highlighting. Boom blueprint.

Even better, Alt-B. Boom blueprint.
I am having this same issue as @web07. Have 1200+ hrs gameplay. Using Ctrl-c, you don't have the ability to edit the copy before placing. Using Alt+B, yes it gives you a new blueprint, but it also takes up an inventory slot. Overtime, these fill your inventory, which takes extra button clicks to get rid of.

I usually keep a blank blueprint on my quickbar. When I need to make a quick blueprint, I use this to grab some (make edits to it if need be), then place it. If I plan to use it long term, I add it to a blueprint book, otherwise, next time I need it, I shift+Rclick to clear that blueprint on the taskbar and use again.

HeyHarry3636
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HeyHarry3636 »

Came back to add this comment from a previous thread on the blueprint feedback. Seems to be a common issue.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=87401&p=504495&hili ... nt#p504495
2. I like reusing the same BP square from my hotbar to make blueprints for the library. The shortcut of Shift+Rt Click seems to be missing. Not sure if that is a bug or intentional. Several users on the Steam forums have also asked for it back. The current method takes much more time, movements, and clicks to delete a bp, start a new one, etc. (I'm guessing the bizarre functioning of #1 has a lot to do with this change.... Please please just make make blueprints go into the library as copies like they did in the previous iteration.... it's much less confusing!)

Syhn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syhn »

HeyHarry3636 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:57 am
Using Ctrl-c, you don't have the ability to edit the copy before placing.
Hold shift before releasing the mouse and you get an edit window.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

HeyHarry3636 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:57 am
I am having this same issue as @web07. Have 1200+ hrs gameplay.
I am in the same boat, and I dare say the problem is more pronounced due to your hours, not less. You are used to a way of doing things that is outmoded. You're complaining that kicking your car with spurs doesn't make it speed up, because that's what works with horses.
Using Ctrl-c, you don't have the ability to edit the copy before placing.
Yes, you do, if you hold shift while creating the copy. Ctrl-c, drag the outline BUT DON'T LET GO OF YOUR MOUSE BUTTON. Then hold shift, let go of the mouse button, and boom you go into the blueprint editor.
Using Alt+B, yes it gives you a new blueprint, but it also takes up an inventory slot.
Only if you put it there. If you put the blueprint in the blueprint library where it belongs it will never take an inventory slot. And it'll always be available with a tap of the "B" button. If you don't want the blueprint in your library or in the blueprint editor, just hit "q" or "1" or whatever to change what you're holding, and the blueprint will simply vanish.
I usually keep a blank blueprint on my quickbar. When I need to make a quick blueprint, I use this to grab some (make edits to it if need be), then place it. If I plan to use it long term, I add it to a blueprint book, otherwise, next time I need it, I shift+Rclick to clear that blueprint on the taskbar and use again.
This can all be done with ctrl-c or alt-b. The only "functionality" you're "losing out" on is the quickbar slot that you were using is no longer needed for this. And that's not lost functionality, it's a gained quickbar slot.

Return to “Gameplay Help”