Correct use of train Wait Until Item Count condition

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ktjones
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Correct use of train Wait Until Item Count condition

Post by ktjones »

When specifying a train schedule's Wait Until condition using the Item Count parameter,
is it valid to compare the cargo item count value to a circuit network signal value like this:

Cargo: Plastic Bar > Iron Plate

or must the cargo item count value always be compared to a numerical constant like this:

Cargo: Plastic Bar > 1000

Although the GUI allows me to specify a circuit network signal to compare the cargo item count to,
when I do this the condition fails to evaluate properly.

At times it acts as if the cargo item count is first being set to the circuit signal value before
the comparison is made. At other times the cargo item count and /or the circuit signal value appear
to take on incorrect and unpredictable values, causing incorrect evaluation of the comparison.

The same behavior seems to occur when using the Fluid Count parameter as well.

I'm using two info mods: Visual Signals by Zomis and Bottleneck by Troels Bjerre Lund running on other-wise vanilla Factorio V 0.15.40.

aaargha
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Correct use of train Wait Until Item Count condition

Post by aaargha »

I think that you need to use the "circuit signal", or what ever it's called, wait condition. If you want to compare it to the cargo it should be possible if you enable read cargo on the train stop. I don't think that you can combine the "item count"/"fluid count" with circuit signals as such, I'd try it to make sure but I'm currently patching :)

ktjones
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Correct use of train Wait Until Item Count condition

Post by ktjones »

Hello aaargha:

Yes, your suggestion is correct and solves my issue.

When I reconfigure my comparison logic to use the "circuit signal" parameter to represent train cargo via train stop sending of train content instead of the "item count" parameter the results are now correct.

Thanks very much for your help on this.

Return to “Gameplay Help”