Logiistic robot charging point

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
hreintke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Logiistic robot charging point

Post by hreintke »

Hi,

I am trying to get a good understanding of logistic robots and roboports.

I hav a game now in which I added a lot of logistic robots and where the bottleneck became the number of bots "waiting to be charged".
Expected this was solvable with adding additional roboports of robot loading stations.

This is a picture of a roboport with a close by loading station :
robotcharg.JPG
robotcharg.JPG (51.24 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
What I see is there are still a lot of robots wainting to be charged by the ropport whilst there is capacity available at th loading station.

Question :
How is decided where a spcific robot will be charged ?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Logiistic robot charging point

Post by daniel34 »

hreintke wrote:Question :
How is decided where a spcific robot will be charged ?
Go to https://wiki.factorio.com/Robotic_network and scroll down to the bottom.
Choosing the post for charging

Normally a robot flies to the nearest roboport to recharge. If the queue on that roboport is too long, they eventually choose another port. This is specified by the ratio of <distance to different roboport in tiles> / <queue size of robots waiting>.
Currently, to choose the more distant roboport, the distance must be at most <Number of robots in the queue and on the way> / 2.
So, to choose a roboport that is 10 tiles more distant, it has to have 20 less robots waiting in the queue.
"Loading stations" and "Charging ports" as used in many mods are actually roboports with a 0x0 logistics and construction area, therefore following the above rule.

If the roboport is very slow in charging when compared to the loading station you will end up with a small amount of robots always hovering over the roboport, but after a certain number of robots are waiting to charge there all other robots will go to the loading station.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Gameplay Help”