No Path

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
supernaturally
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

No Path

Post by supernaturally »

I continually struggle with trains and really want to use them but don't know how to solve the no path problem. I can get it on simple tracks but when adding signals, I get messed up. I've watched numerous videos and think I get it but still get the no path error. I attached my game file after my launch and as you can see I used belts instead of the rails for getting supplies to the base.

Can you tell me with the attached file what is wrong with the train that has the no path error. I've tried signals in dozens of places and probably have more now than needed. The other two trains are working.

Thanks for your help!

Supernaturally
Attachments
After Launch.zip
(8.93 MiB) Downloaded 91 times

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: No Path

Post by AileTheAlien »

You goofed up your track. You need one extra piece of line - note the thingies across the track, which indicate they're not connected. They're there to help you visually spot this mistake. As soon as I put down the one piece of track, the train zoomed off to its destination! :)
missing-1-piece.png
missing-1-piece.png (833.54 KiB) Viewed 6619 times

supernaturally
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by supernaturally »

Wow... leaned something new thank you. i added the extra piece and the no path error went away on the home station and the train took off but in reaching the remote station it still has the no path error. I checked for missing track but don't see anything missing. Also tried to change signals but that did not help either.

Thanks,
Supernaturally

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

I Think that the signal where the two tracks meet is on the wrong track, it is on the top but should be on the bottom.
Remove the signal and press R to switch before placing down.

supernaturally
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by supernaturally »

I'm at work but will check it out later. Thank you for your help! You mentioned press the R key before placing the signal. What does the R key do, I'm not familiar with that?

Supernaturally

supernaturally
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by supernaturally »

Still does not work. Fixing the track, solved the Home station path error but the outpost station still has a no path error. I removed the upper signal as well and did the R rotate key but have no idea what good that did. I love this game but this no path error has me in a place of hanging the game up. I did the launch but I would've like to master the railroads as they look like fun.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

supernaturally wrote:Still does not work. Fixing the track, solved the Home station path error but the outpost station still has a no path error. I removed the upper signal as well and did the R rotate key but have no idea what good that did. I love this game but this no path error has me in a place of hanging the game up. I did the launch but I would've like to master the railroads as they look like fun.
The no path on return is almost assuredly an issue w/ signaling. Is there by any chance, a signal on the left anywhere relative to the intended path the train should take? If you have 2-way rail, are the signals all paired correctly? (A mismatch of even 1 tile will ruin the intended 2-way behavior, and make that part of the rails unusable to traffic in either direction).

supernaturally
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by supernaturally »

I use to think I was rather intelligent but am realizing more and more how much I don't know or understand, this one is a puzzle to me. Appreciate your help in educating me. ;)
Attachments
This is the destination station and signals.
This is the destination station and signals.
no path 2.PNG (1.47 MiB) Viewed 6516 times
This is the home station which now works fine with the missing track fixed, and the arrow showing direction of train to destination station.
This is the home station which now works fine with the missing track fixed, and the arrow showing direction of train to destination station.
no path 1.PNG (976.82 KiB) Viewed 6516 times

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

The signal is still in the wrong place.
if R did not work, try putting both signals 2 tiles further down, it should be a White Connection when you are about to place the other one.
I didnt see any problem with the rest of the network so it should be fine after that.

the R key is the default for rotating anything in factorio, but you might have set it to another key.
it is the same key you use to rotate belts.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

supernaturally wrote:I use to think I was rather intelligent but am realizing more and more how much I don't know or understand, this one is a puzzle to me. Appreciate your help in educating me. ;)
Look at the signals in the far NE of the first shot, and notice how the pair looks, not compare with the similar junction to the S. See the difference? That signal is actually on the other piece of rail, and is why your train can't path back to where it came from.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

missing-1-piece.png
missing-1-piece.png (881.93 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
I have marked where do certain signals actually connect on your picture. The red one should connect as a pair to the blue one for it to work. As it is both lines are made one-way letting train only move out. As well as missing track which you already fixed.

Return to “Gameplay Help”