Manual Switch to turn on/off a section of Inserters [Solved]

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
jwroczynski
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Manual Switch to turn on/off a section of Inserters [Solved]

Post by jwroczynski »

So, I'm building an Iron Processing Station, where boarding trains are either taking or providing iron. And, when automated, all of 'input' trains' cars have only one purpose - providing or taking the iron, obviously. But I like to have this "personal" train, where I carry all of my stuff. And I wanna sometimes fill my personal train with iron plates, but for example, only one car. And that leads me to this idea, it would be great to control each section of inserters, turn them on/off. Let me show you what I'm thinking of:

Is that possible?
Last edited by jwroczynski on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Manual Switch to turn on/off a section of Inserters

Post by Koub »

You can use a power switch for that. Power each set of inserters with a different power pole, and turn on and off whichever you want.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

jwroczynski
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jwroczynski »

Koub wrote:You can use a power switch for that. Power each set of inserters with a different power pole, and turn on and off whichever you want.
I mean, yea, but I thought there is some other way using circuit/logistic network, maybe?

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

But you still want a manual step at some point, so why not the power switch? You could also have say a constant combinator and manually change its output.

jwroczynski
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jwroczynski »

SyncViews wrote:But you still want a manual step at some point, so why not the power switch? You could also have say a constant combinator and manually change its output.
Oh, thanks. I didn't realize that constant combinator has a on/off switch.

Return to “Gameplay Help”