Minor corrections to the guide

Post comments, typo reports and suggestions regarding the Factorio guide (http://guide.factorio.com).

Minor corrections to the guide

Postby facucosta » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:47 am

Hello! As a new player that hasn't even started playing the game yet (I've just begining reading the online guide today) I wanted to give some minor corrections and recommendations from a new-comer's point of view:
1) In the second paragraph of section three it says "...4 basic resources needed; Iron, Copper, Stone, Water and Coal.". It should probably be corrected to 5 (or one resource removed from the list).
2) I assume that chests are a very basic item that allow players to store resources but in the guide they are mentioned from section 4 onwards without any "formal" introduction on how they work at all. It would be nice to have at least a couple of lines about them.
3) Section 7 says "So for example, say your making Gear Wheels", should probably be "you're making Gear Wheels".
I haven't read further than section 7 so far, so I'll let you know if I find anything else.
In any case, of course these are only extremely minor issues and the guide seems like a great introduction to the game :-).
Thanks a lot for your hard work.
Best regards.
facucosta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Minor corrections to the guide

Postby Grogglex » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Section 09 of the guide (Pollution) has a typo:

You can see a visual indicator of how much pollution is in the air at the time by havieng the Advanced Info on (ALT).

Haveing should be having.
Grogglex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Return to Factorio guide