factorio splash screen recreation?

Art that you have created yourself (draw, paint, craft, cosplay, video, wallpaper, ...) with and around Factorio.

NOT for screenshots or videos of the actual game and discussions around them (for that, see "Show your creations").
llVIU
Inserter
Inserter

factorio splash screen recreation?

Post by llVIU »

I wondered many times... how does the factory in the splash screen look like? There's buildings that don't exist in the game, and lots of the things don't make sense at all. Also, it seems like the photo was taken from some angle that you don't normally look at in the game (judging by the storage tanks. Only 2 ways to turn it, but the metal pipes at the top won't fit on the same angle. Also, the substations model was changed recently, that's why they look so different.

Of course, I'm not the first person to try and recreate it... can anyone else show me a much better example?
background-image.jpg
background-image.jpg (911.38 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
3371.png
3371.png (2.34 MiB) Viewed 4020 times

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: factorio splash screen recreation?

Post by conn11 »

Clearly a new ultra advanced oil processing recipe! No other explanation with the mixed input output storage seems possible. :mrgreen:

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moving this to Fan Art subforum :)
Nice job OP
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

llVIU
Inserter
Inserter

Post by llVIU »

thanks for moving it but it's not art... I was just wondering if someone could show me a much better recreation of the splash screen.

As for the pipes going in the oil rafinery... they make no sense, the perspective makes it difficult to see where things are going. Which reminds me... the graphics are prerendered but technically all the buildings were 3D models, so why can't we get a first person perspective of the game? Wouldn't it be interesting? There's a game ''theme park world'' which is kinda like that, look it up. Also battlezone 2 or hostile waters.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You have expressed your creativity to create your own interpretation of Factorio's Splash Screen, with ingame engine.

It's much more a form of art than some others commonly categorized as art :mrgreen:

What can I say ? You're an artist ;)

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

I looked a while, the only thing I found was a third oil pump (or at least the top beam) in front of the two others. Well done.

The picture is quite old, and becoming more nostalgic. And as seen in fff 236, it is hard to intentionally make spaghetti. I think logic was never intended, since it introduces repetition and boreness, this is pure machine chaos, and therefor easier to show different entities. The real how, why (and will it..) is only guessing, perhaps it could be a fff subject in a boring bug fix week.

Lol, you could upload it as a scenario, it looks like a al dente challenge to make this mess work.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

The only things I see missing are the con bots, on the upper left part of the splash screen :)

Return to “Fan Art”