Fan Made Music

Art that you have created yourself (draw, paint, craft, cosplay, video, wallpaper, ...) with and around Factorio.

NOT for screenshots or videos of the actual game and discussions around them (for that, see "Show your creations").
0nilinkz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Fan Made Music

Post by 0nilinkz »

I created some music heavily inspired by Factorio's Sci-Fi themes. Please do take a listen to my track titled 'Another Day WIthout Sun' on soundcloud.

0nilinkz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Fan Made Music

Post by 0nilinkz »

Unable to post a link in the first post. =/
So here it is!
https://soundcloud.com/0nilinkz/another-day-without-sun
Gets kinda lonely roaming the lands by ones self. Hope you like it. :D

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

It was really good until the robot voice kicked in. Personally that ruined it for me but besides that it was good.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That was also my impression. It doesn't really resemble the Factorio feeling. :)
In other words: Less Robo Voice, less Deep Bass Bum Bum, nearly no techno-compression, less speed, longer melodies, more plingplang, more lonesome sound effects.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

0nilinkz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 0nilinkz »

Thanks for having a listen! Yeah, the music wouldn't necessarily fit with the games aesthetic, sorry if that's the impression i game you. No love for robot voices =/.. :lol:

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

0nilinkz wrote:Thanks for having a listen! Yeah, the music wouldn't necessarily fit with the games aesthetic, sorry if that's the impression i game you. No love for robot voices =/.. :lol:
I was listening to the music thinking about putting it into factorios music files at first.
The problem with the voice is that it Cuts in, there is a nice calming tune that really easy on the ears, and out of nowhere this loud rough voice destroys the Calm/smooth feel, its just too deep :P
I can't wait to hear what else you make in the future! If there is any way I could get the song without the robot voice I would listen to it often :D

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

0nilinkz wrote:Thanks for having a listen! Yeah, the music wouldn't necessarily fit with the games aesthetic, sorry if that's the impression i game you. No love for robot voices =/.. :lol:
I recommend to hear the Factorio music first - in silence, without the game. The music has a really good quality and it points also to a very, very special aesthetics. It is quite complex and full of details. On the other hand it is game music. It should not take too much of your concentration. It runs more like a little creek. But sometimes with waterfalls.

There is no need to exactly copy that, indeed there is a wide range of music, that "works", but there are definitely music, that doesn't work for Factorio. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Fan Art”