Who indulges their artistic side?

Art that you have created yourself (draw, paint, craft, cosplay, video, wallpaper, ...) with and around Factorio.

NOT for screenshots or videos of the actual game and discussions around them (for that, see "Show your creations").
The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Who indulges their artistic side?

Post by The Phoenixian »

So now that we've have pathways for a while and can effectively draw on the map as we wish, I'm curious, does anyone besides me use this stuff to pretty up their factories?

Not even in the sense of drawing or anything but just basic stuff like cordoning off production blocks with paths to give the factory a bit more definition, using stone bricks early on as psudo-blueprints and to add a bit more shape inside, and so on.

Like so:

(Not shown: An octopus shaped train station with a lead station named "Standard Oil.")
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Who indulges their artistic side?

Post by Gouada »

I don't have the time to post pictures right now but I like to build race tracks in concrete, make names, and floor all factories. I think that the addition of floors was a good idea and quite like what a youtuber called MangledPorkGaming does in his worlds.
No, I'm not a piece of cheese! :D

Iphrid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iphrid »

This is in no way done legit. I used the map editor to make a pretty village-like setup with different buildings doing different things and made it pretty with both paths and trees. :)

ಠ_ಠ

BreadWave
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BreadWave »

Iphrid wrote:This is in no way done legit. I used the map editor to make a pretty village-like setup with different buildings doing different things and made it pretty with both paths and trees. :)

It looks very nice, too bad we can't plant trees in the game :cry:

Danielv123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danielv123 »

Iphrid wrote:This is in no way done legit. I used the map editor to make a pretty village-like setup with different buildings doing different things and made it pretty with both paths and trees. :)
I like how you use blue belts and basic assemblers Kappa

Return to “Fan Art”