Difficulty balancing-new additions for more challenge

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
joekool92
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Difficulty balancing-new additions for more challenge

Post by joekool92 »

the current alpha version is too easy in my opinion, here are my suggestions for balancing existing items and gameplay o allow for more challenging gameplay and making some early/mid game progressions less OP. There much more to be said about the actual player armour/weaponry outside of structures but that can be addressed later I suppose.
My ideas are:
1- more enemy types that can render the standard laser wall less effective
A- suicide bomber types (likened to mine craft creepers) that have randomised targeting (will randomly attack any player structure in a polluted area)
B- some enemies evolve laser resistant armour (I see some player armour and whatnot list resistances, why shouldn't enemies have them too?)
C- enemy structures (enemies have their own turrets, why not walls?)

2- manifest destiny
A- enemies attempt to expand into player territory aggresively
B- nearby enemy bases will join up with each other and/or travel between nests

3- new defence structures
A- long range artillery with minimal range and slow tracking, can damage player structures.
B- grenade turrets, use grenades as ammo and have not limited range than artillery but higher tracking and rate of fire
C- change range, tracking, and firepower of existing turrets to give gun turrets more use late game (EX- different damage types in ammo beside piercing, greater range in gun turrets versus laser turrets, different laser turret types with normal, short high rate of fire and long range with high FP and slow ROF)

4- randomised pathing
A- existing enemies randomise their attack patterns and attack any player structures rather than focusing certain points
B- coordinated attacks- enemy nests randomly execute group attacksfron multiple points

joekool92
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Difficulty balancing-new additions for more challenge

Post by joekool92 »

Just realised some thing are redundant, oh well.

Return to “Balancing”