blue and yellow assembler are worse than grey

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: blue and yellow assembler are worse than grey

Post by bobucles »

The devs have mentioned before that accumulators will link up so they don't hurt UPS. I'm pretty sure, anyway.

The only time accumulators exhibit unique behavior is when they are behind different power networks, or are used to create a bridge between two power networks. In all other circumstances they are pretty much no different than one giant accumulator, so it's one calculation.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

bobucles wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:45 pm
The devs have mentioned before that accumulators will link up so they don't hurt UPS. I'm pretty sure, anyway.
Yes. When they optimized the accumulators they did tell us about it in the patch notes.

Theikkru
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Theikkru »

As a member of the highly endangered Eco-Factorian subspecies I thought I'd post some statistics from my perspective, where priority goes to per-craft-minute (i.e. 1 minute of crafting at crafting rate 1) pollution, energy consumption, and productivity in that order.
Listed below are the pollution and energy statistics for the assembling machines in their ideal (using the aforementioned priority order!) configurations. I've excluded productivity since those modules are only* worth it on the rocket silo, which, interestingly, doesn't seem to pollute.

Assembler 1
8 poll/c-m
4.5 MJ/c-m
Assembler 2 (2Eff2)
4 poll/c-m
2.4 MJ/c-m
Assembler 3 (1Spd3+3Eff3)
1.06666... poll/c-m
2.4 MJ/c-m

If you play with the numbers yourself, you'll quickly discover that conventional wisdom regarding module use is summarily capsized as soon as either pollution or energy use is given any meaningful weight (as compared to the more traditional crafting speed, space occupied, or raw material efficiency, that is).

*Depending on how you weigh pollution and energy against the other factors, there may be certain production lines (e.g. the chips) that warrant tossing Prod3s into, but that requires running the math progressively on the entire production tree to determine.

Also,
Koub wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:55 am
legitimity
legitimacy

#spellingnazi :P

Return to “Balancing”