chain armor recepies

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
drdozer
Inserter
Inserter

chain armor recepies

Post by drdozer »

I've been playing with tiny start and power armor mk III mods, and they have a mechanic where you use the previous tier of suit to make the next one. It is much nicer than the mechanic for the vanilla suits where you effectively discard the old one, and build the new one from scratch. Please could the various armour in-game recepies be altered so that they consume the previous tier and you supply the extra ingredients to upgrade them? It is annoying having a bunch of obsolete suits lying around in storage, and having seen how well it works in those two mods, I much prefer the upgrade mechanic.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: chain armor recepies

Post by bobucles »

When the previous armor gets used in a recipe, all the installed armor modules get destroyed. That's a real bummer and the existing game mechanics don't give much of a better better alternative. So instead the old armors go into the magic box.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Well in my opinion, this is a problem that doesn't exist in vanilla, only in modded games. That's the mods' problem, and it should be addressed by the mods' authors.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

drdozer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by drdozer »

Ideally, only unloaded armour could go into a recipe. But frankly, if you trash the installed modules by crafting a better armour with the previous one, that's your fail IMHO.

Return to “Balancing”