[Suggestion] More Resources Per Tile

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Bersalius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Suggestion] More Resources Per Tile

Post by Bersalius »

Suggestion: Increasse the value of Resources per Tile by 50% or 100%.

Why?: When I'm playing Factorio alone in Single Player, I find myself kind of bored on the last half of the game. I want to improvise my factories, but I can't, because I have to be allways looking for more and more resources. If I'm doing it wrong, please tell me, but I just wanted to focus more in the factory and not in the endless search for new mines.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Suggestion] More Resources Per Tile

Post by Aeternus »

Check out the RSO (Resource Spawn Overhaul) mod - it has options to generate infinite ore patches (inexhaustable mines, much like oil works). Sounds like that is exactly the mod you want.
Also, at endgame (when you start launching rockets) one of the infinite research options is mining productivity, which grants a passive production bonus to all mines, generating more ore per mine. Eventually this bonus gets so high that you get several bonus ores per ore mined, reducing the amount of times you need to rebuild mines further away.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

The distance from spawn increases the value of ore patches. Search far away to get longer lasting mines.
Change the map settings to generate very rich ore patches for the post game.

If that isn't enough, it's time to use mods.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Default settings (medium density medium size) I found an Iron Ore deposit containing over 10 million ore, though it was a fair distance from my base. Unfortunately nowhere near as much in the ways of Copper Ore, but there's still deposits of a couple million scattered around.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Balancing”