Traincapacity

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Traincapacity

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Hi, one trainwagon are so big like 12 stealchests but holds only 1 stealchest. Its not realy a good alternate for belts. You need many time for load and deload the stuff, than please make the wagon capacity bigger. And the recipe plus the recources for the Chests. (Or make it for a researche or so, but now my inventory can hold many more stacks than a trainwaggon - its a little stupid or not?)

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Traincapacity

Post by Nova »

Capacity of waggons has not really something to do with capacity of chests or players. It's a balancing decision how much you can put into waggons.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Look into the chest, deep deep inside. They do go really far down into the earth, more like an underground silo than a chest. The cargo wagon on the other hand has it all above the rails. That's why it looks bigger. .)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You're lucky that the train wagon holds as much as it does right now. Back when I started playing the game, they held 10 stacks. That's it.

speaking of, how much do they hold now?
mrvn wrote:Look into the chest, deep deep inside. They do go really far down into the earth, more like an underground silo than a chest. The cargo wagon on the other hand has it all above the rails. That's why it looks bigger. .)
Funny
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

Trains are already a powerful alternative to belts and the cargo wagon size is what it is because making it much bigger actually would cause balance issues. Train throughput can get quite incredible as it is. There's no need to increase cargo wagon capacity just because it's not as much as a steel chest.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

My logistics mod can show you what increased capacity of train wagons looks like. the larger wagons just means the train spends longer sitting in the station.

I tend to use them as my mobile factory builders. drive a train up to the end of a line, plonk a few blueprints, drive into the newly constructed magnificence that the train just built for you.

speaking of, I guess a MK3 vehicle roboport with increased range would be useful
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Balancing”