Vehicle HP

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Dreepa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Vehicle HP

Post by Dreepa »

Hi,

I thought I drop this here:

At the start the vehicles are cool, but when biters get evolution and super strong, basically when the entire map turns red, the balancing of the vehicle HP could be a bit higher.

Maybe add an upgrade for that? If there is one already, sorry for posting. I haven't seen one.

Cheers,

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Vehicle HP

Post by JimBarracus »

mk2 tanks would be nice, with some other weapons
maybe a railgun, which only needs iron projectiles, powered by a portable fusion reactor.
As upgrade ammo you could use uranium as base material
active shields could be a thing.

After all: There are mods for that, but I wish some would be taken to vanilla.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Definitely try out some vehicle mods. Helicopter is amazing but if you fly over your base it will poop items everywhere. :D Factorio extended has a nuclear tank with an equipment grid so you can load it up with shields. There are plenty more and some are fun while others are crazy OP.

Dreepa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dreepa »

Another thought I'd like to add:

I noticed that once I have the necessary power level on a normal map difficulty, the biters are no longer a real challenge (neither in terms of twitch game-play nor in terms of resource consumption). It is just repetition: Get out of the tank, repair (or use drones) and continue to kill.

So once that phase of the game is reached, pushing back the biters and clearing large areas of the map in order to reduce the frequency of their attacks, but also in order to clear new ore fields is no longer really an exciting thing to do. Before, it was a challenge. Then you get into the "needs to be done" mode.

So maybe it might be an idea to consider adding an ultimate vehicle very late in the game. So that the phase of repetition without challenge at least becomes very rewarding in terms of feeling power. Something like a super big tank, that fires in all directions and just rolls through bases, stomping everything. Clearing areas would then be less repetitive but just a simple "clean sweep" with the ultimate vehicle.

Could be a mech. Or a tank. Or a helicopter, or hover tank.

Some example ideas:

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

AAI mods allow scanning for aliens and sending vehicles to map coordinates (or follow other vehicles). You can set up nice little battle groups and have them auto attack any aliens that settle to near to your borders.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Where's my spiderbot!

Dreepa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dreepa »

bobucles wrote:Where's my spiderbot!