the priority of alien attack

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
nours77
Inserter
Inserter

the priority of alien attack

Post by nours77 »

well, from the start i play factorio, i build the same defence line, 10 turrets and two radars behind in north, sud, east, west, and alien don t care about my factory at all, boring...

can you make the same alien priority attack level of radar on other things, like furnace, boiler, lamp, chemical plant,... for example.

Forien
Inserter
Inserter

Re: the priority of alien attack

Post by Forien »

As far as I know, creeps start attack when pollution reaches their spawners. And more pollution reaches their spawners, the faster they evolve. But I can be wrong.
My mods:
- Power Mod (WiP)

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

you not wrong, but when alien team attack and come on front of two different building, they attack always the same in first.
they have an attack priority building.

i can be wrong too, but it is what i always see...

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

When biters attack they always head toward most poluted area. If on the way there they find other worthy target they will atack them.

I actually keep exploting this by reducing polution in valuable parts of my factory and then intentionally leavins some parts of my factory to produce more polution an atract biters in that way. ofcourse I heavily protect such parts of my base.
The only problem about this strategy is that if biters manage to desttroy one of these "polution outposts" they could start attacking rest of my base which is usually terribly protected.

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

i think, it will be cool, if alien have path finding strategy,
the alien team (squad) can split for attack different targets,
wait near (and shoot (destroy walls) or wait bigger group befor attack, or look for builder) and you have to go kill them,
if alien can build (like alien turret) near factory and you must go destroy it,(they lock you in your factory filthy polluter !)
if several alien nest could attack being synchronized, targeting different parts of factory.
if they re not going to explode all on the same wall with 50 turret behind, the alien are not very smart KAMIKAZE !! is the only strategy, even ants do better.
i think it will usefull for multi... now it is too easy for one player, then for four...
and i think just up life and attack not a good way.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think the current state is, because we have only one mobile native. There are several threads suggestion different life forms attacking: some which fly, some like warmth, some electricity, some live underground...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

i dont ask for new alien, all we have is enough. i would like they are smarter

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Oh, sorry, I thought you want the game to be more interesting... :mrgreen:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

well, i see tank news, then new alien can be make, so yep an alien who can shoot from far away (shoot walls), an alien who can fly (shoot robot), an alien who can build alien turret (can t attack, must be protected by war alien) will be cool...
and in any case need alien smarter... not keep alien in berserk mod with a death wish be cool.
make alien more smart make game more challenge and then more fun.

Return to “Balancing”