rocket science stack size

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

rocket science stack size

Post by mophydeen »

all stacksizes are 200 except rocket science which is 2000.

Can't we have 5 slots in the silo and make the stack size a bit smaller. eg. 200

edit: stack is 2000 not 1000 (ty bob)
Last edited by mophydeen on Fri May 19, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: rocket science stack size

Post by bobingabout »

I thought the stack size was actually 2000.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Why add more output slots? Its not like stack size limits stops assembling machines from holding more inputs for fast recipes already.... Just so the same thing.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Why add more output slots? Its not like stack size limits stops assembling machines from holding more inputs for fast recipes already.... Just so the same thing.
Even better. +1
bobingabout wrote:I thought the stack size was actually 2000.
You're right, fixed it.

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

Space science is mostly vacuum. You can fit a lot of vacuum into a single slot, it's easy to pressurize. ;-)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Ha

But in all seriousness, I personally think of it as readings from the satellite doing deep-space telemetry or something. Its more electronic data than a physical object.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Roxor128
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Roxor128 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:But in all seriousness, I personally think of it as readings from the satellite doing deep-space telemetry or something. Its more electronic data than a physical object.
Which is why I think it would better be handled as a satellite uplink station for getting the data back and either automatically adding it to all labs or by adding some additional production steps and require loading it onto hard drives at the uplink station and then using those in making the science pack.

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

Space science is clealry bottles of the aether, which is why it's colored like it currently is. Aether takes up a lot of space, so the stack size should match the other science-potions. :)

Cabanur
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cabanur »

A stack size of 2000 makes it cumbersome to control wether or not to launch the first few rockets automatically because there's *so much* white science in my trains (and i do have it limited to one stack per train) that it takes forever to actually fill the trains so they stop taking white science from the silo and then the silo will stop sending rockets because there's still white science there waiting to be used.

I guess technically I coulduse the circuit network to let my silo know how many white science packs there are on my research facility, but in my map those are 2000+ tiles appart so it's not something i'm looking forward to.

Tongs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tongs »

Cabanur wrote:A stack size of 2000 makes it cumbersome to control wether or not to launch the first few rockets automatically because there's *so much* white science in my trains (and i do have it limited to one stack per train) that it takes forever to actually fill the trains so they stop taking white science from the silo and then the silo will stop sending rockets because there's still white science there waiting to be used.

I guess technically I coulduse the circuit network to let my silo know how many white science packs there are on my research facility, but in my map those are 2000+ tiles appart so it's not something i'm looking forward to.
This just means you are not consuming enough space science packs.

If you are running out of a different science pack, preventing your labs from consuming space science packs, fix that bottleneck.

If Factorio teaches you anything, it should be that you can always consume more.

Return to “Balancing”