Cars have too much impact resistance

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Cars have too much impact resistance

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

I like most of the changes to car durability. They aren't as tough as tanks against biters, but the little ones actually struggle a bit to get through a car's tough exterior. This makes sense, given it's made of iron and steel, not flesh. But it seems no matter how hard I ram a tree in my car, I still take just a fraction of a hitpoint in damage. I can also use my car to plow through small biters and spitters, and most of the damage I take from that is from their attacks. It isn't a tank, so I think its impact resistance should be reduced at least enough that it takes a few hit points of damage from mauling a tree. It doesn't need to be like it was before, when it took about 5 trees to destroy a car.

I can't see the numbers so I don't know what it's resistance values are. (Can anyone tell me how to display those?) But I used to play with the Tankwerkz mod and that had a light tank with 40%/40 impact resistance which was probably a good value for a car. When the light tank hit a tree, it took like 5 points of damage. It took a lot more from hitting a rock, but that shouldn't be as much of a problem for the car because it's so much lighter.

Return to “Balancing”