filter inserter not used for any late-game item

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Roblin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

filter inserter not used for any late-game item

Post by Roblin »

before the science rework, filter inserters were used for blue science, but that is no longer the case.

I suggest changing the recipe for stack filter inserters from:
1 stack inserter + 5 electronic circuit
to:
1 filter inserter + 15 iron gear wheel + 16 electronic circuit + 1 advanced circuit
(aka: the same cost as a stack inserter + 4 electronic circuits to make the filter inserter and +1 electronic circuit)

the total cost would remain the exact same.
the only difference would be the filter inserter would now be a useful crafting component in the lategame, as opposed to not.

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: filter inserter not used for any late-game item

Post by Slayn25 »

While I like the idea of having a filter inserter in the recipe instead of the stack inserter, if you increase the # of items in the recipe from 3 to 4 you won't be able to craft filter stack inserters (red+green tech) until you get lvl 3 assemblers (red+green+blue tech.) Personally I'd be fine with stack inserter tech moving to blue science.

Tev
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: filter inserter not used for any late-game item

Post by Tev »

Slayn25 wrote:While I like the idea of having a filter inserter in the recipe instead of the stack inserter, if you increase the # of items in the recipe from 3 to 4 you won't be able to craft filter stack inserters (red+green tech) until you get lvl 3 assemblers (red+green+blue tech.)
No problem (handcrafting is fine)
Personally I'd be fine with stack inserter tech moving to blue science.
Oh god please no.

Return to “Balancing”