buff beacons

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Jesus8000
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

buff beacons

Post by Jesus8000 »

4 blu line with beacon iro smelting(64x smelter) =122.880 kw
4 linse only with smelter (206x) = 37.080 kw
wtf
the resultateis the same> 4 lines of iron plates

i thought the beacon- speed modus should be the best solution for endgame

only the size of these two settings is the different
BUT !!! size doesnt matter in facorio!!!!!

so why i should use the beacon variant next game?

edit : maybe make a new smelter module or so
Last edited by Jesus8000 on Mon May 08, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sorry, my english is not the yellow from the egg.... 4give me

NoQ
Inserter
Inserter

Re: buff beacons

Post by NoQ »

1. Productivity modules are super awesome (rocket with full prod3 modules on all intermediate products gets ~3x cheaper as far as i remember).
2. Large matrices of machines with productivity modules with 2x speed3 beacons in a 8x8 setup (each machine under 8 beacons, each beacon covering 8 machines) turn out to be requiring around 2-3x less energy per item than pure productivity modules, all things considered.

That's huge savings, but clever setup is required to ensure that beacon power is not wasted.

This is additionally very nice for fuel production, where spending a lot of energy defeats the purpose, in particular it allows you to actually get more fuel value when producing rocket fuel.

For speedruns beacons are quite useless, like many other technologies in the game.

Jesus8000
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jesus8000 »

4 full lines are 4 full lines^^
maybe usefull at roket produktion... nut not much usefull at semlting areas
( i have 80 M iron field )
Edit:
conclution :
- i dont need produktivity at smelting
- but they are usefull by producing extra items (in all machines)
- but my fac need now 2,2 GW (before 700MW) at nearly the same throughput>> but with uran power its ez
sorry, my english is not the yellow from the egg.... 4give me

NiallTorint
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NiallTorint »

No. They are intended to be used in conjunction with productivity modules. In the context of a "normal" playthorugh (launch one rocket and you're done), beacons are unnecessary. However, with an RPM base, beacons plus productivity modules are a must. Without productivity, you need 101000 iron ore and 85000 copper ore. With productivity, it becomes 33200 iron ore and 17400 copper ore. That is absolutely massive. Beacons enable the feasible usage of productivity modules, by offsetting the speed decrease and reducing the amount of infrastructure and room necessary. The increased power consumption is trivialized by nuclear and kovarex process. While they may not be worthwhile in smelting setups, they are an absolute requirement everywhere else in an RPM base. Productivity in the rocket silo is an absolute given, as is in the rocket control units and low density structures. Then you productivity the blue circuits, then red circuits, then green circuits. You can even productivity science packs. Productivity's payoff is massive, and it is all only possible through beacons.

Return to “Balancing”