{0.15.9] Rock too rare?

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

{0.15.9] Rock too rare?

Post by burner »

Purple science use electric furnaces in recipe. Looks that point when research need tens of thousands science packs per iteration, rock will come most rare/hardest to get of raw materials. I think it is not logical. I do not know is it better to tune recipes or map generator but anyway I think this is something what need checking and re evaluate. Somehow feels that rock should be easiest, iron second and copper hardest. Probably on future there should be nuclear science what needs uranium.

Roblin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: {0.15.9] Rock too rare?

Post by Roblin »

no.

the only science pack that costs stone in any way is production science packs, which costs 10 stone brick for 2 science packs, 10 stone bricks can be made by 10 stone (or 8.333.. stone with productivity modules on smelters)
or in other words, 3.8666... stone per production science pack.

you think 4 stone per production science pack is so expensive that the stone deposits are gonna run out before the iron and copper deposits?

are you aware that the iron and copper costs are several times higher for multiple different types of science?

personally, Im concerned about the opposite problem, I'm looking to make a mod that will add a way for me to use excess stone, else the stone patches will cause me OCD for existing in places that have been stripped bare of other resources.
and I don't want to use the resource eraser.

NoQ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NoQ »

It's actually 2 stone per brick, so 10 stone per bottle. But still not much, considering that even just furnace costs 20 stone and 50 iron.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

This did have me worry a bit on my current map and I held off on making lots of concrete so far. But I've found somewhat larger stone deposits further out

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

Yes one furnace takes 20 stone and 10 rock BUT when you look rock and iron deposit sizes area where Iron deposit sizer are 20Milj+ still stone deposits are 100-200k. So yes there is more use for iron but rock is still ~100x more rare item than iron and when you go even more far away from spawn point that difference get bigger and bigger. Naturally train is solution to get that rock. I just wondering that it is not quite logical.

Robin, If you have excess stone then just make concrete of it and cover your whole base with concrete.

Return to “Balancing”