0.15 Iron vs Copper balance

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.15 Iron vs Copper balance

Post by Aeternus »

I do play 0.15. I don't bother with coal liquification if the regular pumpjacks do not run out - and so far, no real trouble there. It's handy if you've got a surplus of coal but little to no oil, I'll admit... but if not, I'll stick to just refining oil and tankering in the gooey black gold.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 0.15 Iron vs Copper balance

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

BlakeMW wrote:I did all the maths for the science packs (in 1.15.6) and for research, the iron:copper ratio starts at about 4:1 (75% iron), climbs almost as high as 5:1 at production science (80% iron), then with high tech science drops to 3:2 (60% iron), space science is also approximately 3:2.
3:2 is a good ratio, my last game I ended up with 6 belts of Iron and 4 belts of Copper. Only a single Copper belt is sent down the bus, the rest are diverted to Electronic Circuits along with two Iron belts to get exactly two Electronic Circuit belts. Two of the Iron belts were diverted to Steel and the remaining two sent down the bus. It worked out quite well.

My only problem with it is the mapgen doesn't reflect this, I had deposits of 5 million Copper everywhere but only one of Iron, the rest were 1-3 million.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Balancing”