Atomic Bomb Recipe

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Atomic Bomb Recipe

Post by Slayn25 »

Current Recipe:
20 Processing Units + 10 Explosives + 30 Uranium-235

Proposed Change:
1 Explosive Rocket + 30 Uranium-235

Reasoning:
-Atomic bombs (in factorio) are fired from the rocket launcher so it makes sense that a rocket would be part of the recipe. Either rocket would make sense to me.
-As for the processing units, the atomic bombs fly exactly the same as the other rockets, & also I doubt sophisticated circuits are required for the explosion since the first ones went off in 1942 IRL. For ICBMs go wild.
-Biggest reason: New recipe fits better as a tier 3 rocket/fits better into my ammunition manufacturing factory line ;)

Vegemeister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Atomic Bomb Recipe

Post by Vegemeister »

Atomic bombs do actually require precisely timed initiation of the explosive at multiple points, which requires very fast switching of high voltage and current. There are special vacuum tubes used for this, which are export restricted in the US.

Also if you want safety mechanisms on your atomic bomb, those can get very complex. Although I wasn't told that it was intended for use in a nuclear weapon system, I was once shown an electron micrograph of a MEMS mechanical combination lock, which was the result of research funded by the spookier parts of the government. One can only assume what they did with it.

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Atomic Bomb Recipe

Post by Slayn25 »

Changed my mind about the atomic bomb recipe then went crazy and wrote down my thoughts on all other factorio munitions.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=47685&p=274997#p274997

Return to “Balancing”