Research revolution too revolutionary?

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
NoQ
Inserter
Inserter

Research revolution too revolutionary?

Post by NoQ »

I'm enjoying the research revolution mod, which is, as far as i understand, planned to be merged into the new vanilla balance in 0.15.

That said, i suspect it's a bit too revolutionary; the mid-game research gets too expensive. Like, producing one purple science pack per second takes 227.5 steel furnaces to just smelt steel from iron plates - and that's before you have modules and long before you have blue belts.

I like the way it adds to the challenge, but i'm afraid it would be a bit too overwhelming to the new players. Producing two purple bottles at a time, similarly to black bottles, sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Research revolution too revolutionary?

Post by Koub »

The first experimental 0.15 is not out yet that you already fint it unbalanced ? For now, you know nothing (Jon Snow) of the research balance, let the next version out, and if you still thing it needs balancing, then post again ;)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Miravlix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Miravlix »

RR is based on the Friday Fact called Research Revolution, so it's trying to emulate 0.15 changes.

Unfortunately the version on the mod portal has issues, like that we believe from dev information that 0.15 creates 2 pr. machine of the new packs.

NoQ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NoQ »

Koub wrote:The first experimental 0.15 is not out yet that you already fint it unbalanced ?
:) My post was intended to be a friendly early feedback, partly because i myself enjoy the way it is as well, and this is in no way a strong opinion.
Miravlix wrote:we believe from dev information that 0.15 creates 2 pr. machine of the new packs.
Cool! Thanks :o

Return to “Balancing”