Oil problem

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
H_Sage
Inserter
Inserter

Oil problem

Post by H_Sage »

It is very difficult to create a map with the desired settings. Especially for oil. I spend an hour trying to create a suitable map. But in recent versions it is almost impossible.
I want rare oil with 1-3 sources. Here is an example of version 0.12.0 (setting is a very rare, small and poor):
This is "ok". So it should be: oil is rare and one piece each.

And here's an example of 0.14.19 (just rare, small and poor):

Absolute Zero.
I threw these maps, because they do not have any oil at all. If I turn on the setting "very rare", then I will never find oil. But what if I turn on the next frequency setting step?

This:

Compare this setting with the previous one. Oil is either too much, or it is not at all.
Why such a huge range of values?

Same for the size of the deposits. I'll install "small", but I appear in the middle of the ocean of coal, which is beyond the scope of my screen.

PS Pls Change the color of the message box or the color of the cursor. Merge, difficult to see.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Oil problem

Post by Hannu »

The quick solution is that you select suitable density of groups and decide that you allow only one pumpjack per group. You can also delete all oil wells in a group by a command and create one new (it is easier than delete all but one).

Return to “Balancing”