Change yield mechanism on multiple resources

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Melfish
Inserter
Inserter

Change yield mechanism on multiple resources

Post by Melfish »

First off, I was not sure whether to put this in modding interface requests, ideas and suggestions, or balancing. But because this mechanic is in the vanilla game (albeit not used), I placed it here.

When a mining device is mining, it will collect from a single resourcenode at a time.
When mining from yield-based resource it will keep doing this, which also causes its expected resources to be a bit different from the actual produced resources...
I personally think this mechanism might be more interesting when the mining drill can mine all yield based resources in its reach at the same time (as the expected resources suggest).
This would change the mining of yield resources a lot, as currently a singular patch of resources is as good as 16 patches with the same yield.

Another thing I have noticed, is that mining items from a yield above 100% is useless, as a drill can only spew out a single item at a time.
It will of course take longer before dipping below 100%, but this too might be wasted potential.

Return to “Balancing”