Fluids and Defence Balance

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Fluids and Defence Balance

Post by Sonik-HSC »

In every new game I make when I get to the part of the refinery the liquids to accumulate to the maximum are Heavy oil and Light oil.
For game be more balanced in this part i have 2 options/ideas

1ºChange the Towers fire flames to accept 2 Barrels 1 light oil and another heavy oil.
2ºin Chemical factory in game create a new fluid ( Mix of boiled water+Heavy oil and light oil ) and product of this is to make fuel
and ammunition for flamethrower and Towers fire flames.

If the Towers fire flames use barrels is mutch more easy make alimentation for them!

Because in game the use of Heavy oil and light oil is mutch more less than gas

And boiled water in real life is natural Degreaser, and then in the game this can be made for new kind of mix with Heavy oil and light oil
and we in the game will use barrels system

Creating tower arrownd your factory have risks. Is the pips gets destroyed have the risk disable Towers fire flames and getting factory exposed
Its very annoying have pips arrownd factory for alimentation of Towers fire flames.

we in the game must keep an eye in refinery for not stop Heavy oil and light oil gets full

And the same mix for flamethrower!

Sorry for this rusty English... Im Portuguese ;-)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fluids and Defence Balance

Post by bobingabout »

I think the oil part of the game was designed to require more gas on purpose. Part of the chain includes the ability to crack heavy oil to light oil, and light oil into gas, thus using your un-needed heavy and light oil.

There's also an advanced recipe for the oil refinery that gives you more gas and less heavy oil.

With the use of Storage Tanks and Small pumps (use a red or green wire to connect the tank to the pump) you can control the flow to crack oil down if it gets high.

Connect a wire from Light oil and Gas, and connect to a pump that feeds light oil to a chemical plant set to crack light oil into gas, with the decision Light oil > petroleum gas. And the same with Heavy oil and Light oil. You should have a system that automatically balances, in favour of creating more gas.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

obuw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by obuw »

I think this is an intentional part of gameplay balance. The advanced oil processing research is meant to help with this, with the new recipe as well as the cracking.

Then you can take it one step ahead with the circuit network additions, and have power switches control the fluid balances to get a self-regulating refinery. (Excuse the mess! And don't mind the mods.)

1- Power switch connected to heavy oil tank powering heavy oil -> light oil cracking when heavy oil > 2200

2- Power switch connected to light oil tank powering light oil -> petroleum cracking when light oil > 2200

3- Power switch connected to petroleum tank powering petroleum -> solid fuel making when petroleum > 2200

4- 3 Power switches connected to all 3 tanks powering refinery when any fuel tank is below 2000

I haven't dabbled with circuit networks until very late in the game, but it is actually pretty simple to set this up quite early in the game. (apart from the cracking which requires science3 packs - use solid fuel recipes instead to get rid of excess until you research cracking)

Edit: It looks like bobingabout beat me to the punch. :P
Obuw's Warfare - Combat improvements

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Power switches, small pumps, different method, same end result.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Why not crack the heavy oil into light oil before sending it off to the turrets?

Return to “Balancing”