Spitter Population grown limits ?

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Okami
Inserter
Inserter

Spitter Population grown limits ?

Post by Okami »

Hi Folks, first of, Hey Im the new one. ^^
Playing this game for 3 days now. Didnt get much sleep since...

Ok, lets get to the Topic.
I would know how is the Spitter/Enemy Evolution and the grow of this Nests managed. At my current Map, I run with a Powerarmor MK1 and Shields MK2. Using Combat Shotgun, AP Rounds.
Did ignore most of the Spitter Nests early on, and now the Map is flooded.

If i destroy them all in a large sector, how long does it take till they repopulate the area ? And whats going on "Offscreen" ? I mean the Map is infinite, is after 20hrs of Gameplay the complete Map a single red dot, or is there some limit ?

Iam afraid what is going to happen if my oil runs out and i have to find a new source, as there is none in a very large area around my base. ;)

And second question, how do i reveal new grown Spitter Bases ? I found some right inside my radar range, but they didnt show up on the map. I found them by walking by per accident.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Spitter Population grown limits ?

Post by cube »

They try to build new base every 10 minutes or so (iirc). The map is infinite, but only a finite part of it is generated at any time, and they build the bases only on the generated chunks. Also there is a rule, that a new base will never be built too close to an existing one or too close to your base.

As for finding the new bases -- your radars reveal one additional chunk wih a very long range once in a (long) while. If you build enough of them, you can have some kind of overview. You can also try to cover more area with the permanent range of the radars, or go on patrols :-)
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The map can differ from reality. Only the highlighted parts are really updated. The more radar, the more often the dark parts are updated, or when you walk.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inzann »

I had wiped like 2-3 bases early in the game but then couldn't wipe anymore as the rest were to strong for me. Now after almost 4 hours of playtime they have built a new base very close to mine that wasn't there previously, so I know they build new ones. Now I'm just having a lot of problem wiping it again since they have like 3 of those worms throwing heat-seeking piles of shit on me. ._.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

Worms? Two choices really: distractor bots or laser tower creep.

With distractors, you sometimes need seriously insane amount of them because they keep dying dying dying so fast...

EDIT: I just tested and hit&run with a bunch of poison capsules seems to do wonders against worms too...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

And don't underestimated the defenders. You just need them to protect you to have the time to destroy the nests.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Luaan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Luaan »

Am I the only one who destroys bases by circling around them in a car and holding down the fire button? Works quite nicely at the beginning of the game, before you have access to defenders and poison capsules (those make killing worms incredibly easy).

Return to “Balancing”