pollution regarding stone brick/concrete

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

pollution regarding stone brick/concrete

Post by Slayn25 »

If I understand correctly putting down stone brick or concrete actually reduces the amount of pollution that is absorbed by the land which leads to further pollution spread. Shouldn't this be the other way around?
I mean yeah dirt/grass will absorb more than concrete but if your factory pollution is soaking into the ground then it's also contaminating the ground/underground streams where as pollution on concrete just seems like it'd be easier to deal with.

From a min/maxer viewpoint this actually makes me want to leave some of my factory floor unpaved, but then that wouldn't look right.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pollution regarding stone brick/concrete

Post by 5thHorseman »

Biters don't care about ground pollution and the impact on the environment. They care that they're coughing.

The best min-max way to deal with pollution is to minimize the number of aliens around your base using maximum prejudice. :lol:

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Foliage eats pollution. I'm not sure how well that compares with real life but it's at least commonly perceived that having trees and foliage in cities reduces air pollution.

Trees are damaged (at least visually) by pollution but it doesn't make them mad, unlike biters.

silverkitty23
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by silverkitty23 »

BlakeMW wrote:but it doesn't make them mad
or maybe it does, but since their offensive capability is nil, you can't tell :)

Slayer1557
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slayer1557 »

BlakeMW wrote:Foliage eats pollution. I'm not sure how well that compares with real life but it's at least commonly perceived that having trees and foliage in cities reduces air pollution.

Trees are damaged (at least visually) by pollution but it doesn't make them mad, unlike biters.
I believe as trees are damaged by pollution, they turn into dead trees, which absorb less pollution as well. So a forest is not a bastion against pollution forever. Or at least not a GOOD bastion. The tree will never totally disappear of course.

Return to “Balancing”