Engine unit

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Engine unit

Post by slpwnd »

Coolthulhu wrote:While we're at it, car should be able to equip modules for armor and generate energy for them from fuel.
This is something we have considered. Very likely this will happen for the tank and then there is no reason why it wouldn't be done for the car as well.

EstebanLB
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by EstebanLB »

slpwnd wrote:The new intermediate product for engine unit depends on the lubricant. This essentially makes the car and trains depend on the oil industry. This is questionable, because both the car and train are useful quite early in the game so for the 0.9.2 the engine unit will be made in regular assembling machine and use no lubricant. Instead more lubricant will be used for the electric engine unit (and eventually for the express transport belt things). Comments?
Is the restriction to craft them in assembling machines a feature or an oversight?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

EstebanLB wrote: Is the restriction to craft them in assembling machines a feature or an oversight?
It is intentional. Small experiment.

Malacodor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Malacodor »

Zourin wrote: Either way, unless they come with tree-mowers on the front grill, I'm staying away from giving two shitz about cars with this version. if i'm not hitting trees, power lines, or trees, then i'm hitting walls, trees, inserters, trees, pipes that aren't quite underground, trees, power lines, more trees, and getting hit by trains while trying to stay away from the trees.
Calico wrote:Can you do me a favor and increase the Car Hp a bit.... like +25-50%? Or give it some armor, i dunno. The denser forests, random stones, etc make driving around a bit of an obstacle course.
We need bumper cars.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Malacodor wrote: We need bumper cars.
Or a tank.

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alfdaur »

slpwnd wrote:
Malacodor wrote: We need bumper cars.
Or a tank.
Will the tank be wheeled or tracked? Currently there are no trenches or other forms of rough terain for tracks to have any purpose, so my personal preferance would go for the wheeled version.

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

Return to “Balancing”