[0.8.8] Basic Accumulator energy balance

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.8.8] Basic Accumulator energy balance

Post by Pandamonium »

The balance between accumulator storage capacity and transfer rate is very off, I mean VERY off.

I have some pictures below which will illustrate what I'm about to say.

Currently, at FULL discharge, I would only use up about 18kW, but with 8.6MJ storage it works out to be about 10%.

Which means the limiting factor when building an accumulator array is the transfer rate output.
In a properly balanced scenario, one would expect to have the accumulators fully discharge over a night, then fully recharge the next day covering the solar panel down times.

At the moment in order to achieve this, I need enough accumulators to have 20X the storage capacity needs.

Day time energy needs
Night time energy Transfer rate
Day Night Cycle

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.8.8] Basic Accumulator energy balance

Post by rk84 »

Output/Input is 300W and capasity 5kJ. They could discharge under 17 seconds if you got enough consumption. Disconnecting steam engines will help.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pandamonium »

rk84 wrote:Output/Input is 300W and capasity 5kJ. They could discharge under 17 seconds if you got enough consumption. Disconnecting steam engines will help.
Hmm... you're right, disconnecting the steam power seems to make the display showe higher kW output on the accumulators.
This UI for solar energy is totally different to steam.

When steam power is only using 50% of its capacity it shows 50% of bar filled in.
For solar, it's always 100% but the number changes.

I don't get it...

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

When steam power is only using 50% of its capacity it shows 50% of bar filled in.
For solar, it's always 100% but the number changes.
Production bar? Its probably full most of the time because the output reserve of accumulators does not show in that bar and because max output for solars is not static 60W. Only when working output is below max output, production gets down. But most of the time solar work at max (full bar), if not then you could add more accumulators to make sure solars work at max level.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Return to “Balancing”