Bases shouldnt increase SO much when going far

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Bases shouldnt increase SO much when going far

Post by ficolas »

Enemy bases should have a limit, because that is inposible to kill
It obiously have been generated by going quite far, but not much.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Bases shouldnt increase SO much when going far

Post by kovarex »

With best equipment it is possible.

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Balinor »

It may well be possible, but at this point I find it far from fun. With OP gear maybe it would be fun again for me but in it's current format I'm more likely to just go do something else instead.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

i find bases this size so much of a bother that i went and added some 0's to the personal laser defence.....

grobyc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by grobyc »

Size of alien's around the base should be limited not because of OP (they can be defeated), because of some bug and I should write it in Bug section but prefere continue in this subject.

Bug look like: alien's gather around base grow more and more after they rich to some value and BUG. After this moment game create new alien's but thous alien's only stand around base, animation not work, just picture of worm, they will never move even if u attack thier base, thous alien's block other aliens from base with try rich to you. They are like dummies. If I remember good thous alien's are turned in one direction around base (maybe this direction is only north - don't have access to game right now).

grobyc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by grobyc »

9 buildings with "few" enemies

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

grobyc wrote:9 buildings with "few" enemies

Yea, this is not inteded behaviour, as in the bugreport, we will take a look at it.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Now what :P
No longer doing dirty job xD

If somebody is interested this will be in the next version of the f mod :)

Trollsama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Trollsama »

>.> I dont even have to go that far to find bases like that...
I started a new game and right off the hop couldn't wander too far off my little island (I have had issues with getting spawn rushed in the past, so i edited the spawn into an island)
Wondering why, I built a radar. and lone behold, this is what my spawn area looks like. Id imagine that if thats what spawn is like, exploring out would find me in a solid red blanket.
(there was a single manageable campment to the north that i was able to overtake, but thus far that has been my only sucsess

Im all for a challenge, But i am literally tech locked as i cant advance without killing biter spawners... and even will a billion laser turtle trying to inch my way in I just get snowballed into oblivion. I have spent the last 6 hours trying to just take out a single hive, with no success. >.>

I even went to the extent of shutting down the whole factory (minus essentials like coal feeding to boilers and defence) running 36 boilers, 319 solars, and 454 accumulators...
even with just that, I ran out of power before getting close enough to be in range of a spawner.... (if i could even hit them since the wall of mobs is so overwhelming the turrets spend 100% of the time trying to fight it off while i spam walls to replace them as they fall)
http://imgur.com/a/xdrSM

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Maybe when creating the map you made creeper base spawning high? I dont think that amound of bases is normal.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

No, as already mentioned in the last weeks I had the same problems. Not THAT massive but also unbeatable, because locked without resources, and the resources are defeated by the natives. Played with defaults.

I mean it's ok, to have that much, but there should be a way (or better two or three) to fight them or make peace.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Trollsama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Trollsama »

ficolas wrote:Maybe when creating the map you made creeper base spawning high? I dont think that amound of bases is normal.
Nah I didnt change anything other than setting the resources to be a bit higher, i left the spawns normal >.>

ssilk wrote:No, as already mentioned in the last weeks I had the same problems. Not THAT massive but also unbeatable, because locked without resources, and the resources are defeated by the natives. Played with defaults.
I mean it's ok, to have that much, but there should be a way (or better two or three) to fight them or make peace.
I agree, I would be perfectly fine with having my map look like that if it wasnt for the fact each little hive spawns 2 or 3 biters the second they move away from it. if there was some sort of spawn limitation in place such large bases would be incredibly difficult, but at least possible to overtake.

Return to “Balancing”