new crepeers

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Franzo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

new crepeers

Post by Franzo »

i know that old creepers were even too easy to handle, but with 7.0 they are hard to kill and respawn nearly instantly, with full power armor(shield and turrets) i can't even get close to their base because they get on me and when i finish killing them they just have respawned like nothing happened, what about getting different respawn rates for small/medium/big biters and lower them in general?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: new crepeers

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for starting this thread. We really need the community to get involved in the balancing of the game. I agree that the current settings are too difficult. Lowering spawn rates is a good step. The biters have different resistance settings, so for instance attacking the big blue biter with a machine gun is way less efficient, because it is resistant to the physical damage.

Anyway during playtesting (with leveled weapons and armor) I found the strategy of using combination of combat robot capsules and poison capsules to be very effective. That way I could conquer almost any base without additional support from stationary laser turrets.

Franzo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: new crepeers

Post by Franzo »

now that i built the shotgun it's easier but i still have some problems because if you stay near your base you can defend it, but if you have 2 connected bases(i.e. you needed resources from far away) you cannot help it defending and normal turrets are nearly useless now(and laser ones are not so effective) and it ends in disaster. It could be useful to improve stationary defenses in order to take care of creepers automatically.
One step forward in turrets would be making them upgradeable so that you can equip normal turrets with shotgun/rocket ammo and laser ones with their own fusion reactor(like armor)

Return to “Balancing”