Idea: reduce pollution emitted by machines on floor tiles

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Idea: reduce pollution emitted by machines on floor tiles

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Yeah, I could behind the idea of increased production speed of machines on the stone/concrete, as this then leaves you with the tradeoff choice - faster production for decreased pollution absorption.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

waitofaiorur
Inserter
Inserter

Post by waitofaiorur »

boskid wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:54 pm
Terrain covered with concrete does not consume pollution, why should placement of machines on concrete make them pollute less? They should pollute more!
If realism is the issue, concrete does actually absorb a substantial amount of co2: https://www.google.com/search?q=concrete+absorb+co2

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

waitofaiorur wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:14 pm
boskid wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:54 pm
Terrain covered with concrete does not consume pollution, why should placement of machines on concrete make them pollute less? They should pollute more!
If realism is the issue, concrete does actually absorb a substantial amount of co2: https://www.google.com/search?q=concrete+absorb+co2
Now granted, I only puruesd the search results titles and what bit of text I get snipped from the articles, but the pollution absorbing concrete does appear to be a rather recent, or still in development, thing. So for a game that was started in... 2007?... and balanced around that, doesn't seem too reasonable for them to now change.

Also, I kind of refer back to my first post here:
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:15 am
So, in a game where pollution of the environment matters, your suggestion is to make it so paving the environment under helps? :/
What would be the point, then, if concrete absorbs pollution or reduces the pollution output of the machines? Where's the offset to just paving everything under?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Balancing”