Modify Atk Rates or Numbers or Both

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Modify Atk Rates or Numbers or Both

Post by midnight109 »

In FreePlay after a long time playing, I more or less think I have managed to survive 2 full real life days with of playtime in one game. The problem is just playing having fun figuring out where to place assembly machines and belts for making stuff, but since the longer u play the more that atk, and seems the faster they atk.

Every day, sometimes seems both night and day I get a huge wave pretty much limiting what I can go out and do since as soon as one wave ends I have a few mins before the next wave starts. The base is impenertable so not like thier to hard, thier just to frequent. I ran our of copper ore and it took me around 8 hours real life time to be able to run 2 stacks of belts to the new mine site I can drop maybe 10 at a time then thier comming in for another attack If the atk starts at night it will last till mid day and if at day to almost dawn, that many creepers Im surprised the system handels it as well as it does tracking that many entities/sprites at a time though sometimes they do get a few straglers that go slow mo I assume from the numbers. I made a great little defence area nothing but 2 ammo factories and a long belt with ammo, inserters and guns galor. All my research gear is in this area so its where they always head for and get obliberated easy, just takes forever for the wave to finnaly end.
Maybe a option in the reg code that limits the size of waves to something reasonable so the entire game isnt just a giant wave of mobs after a certain period of time, with so many creepers you can never get out of the base before the atk is over and then only a few mins till come again so limiting thier wave size in the code itself or as a option when generating the maps, like now can select the size of the creeper bases, maybe add a option to max wave ammount or to adjust thier frequency as they get larger, so when you have 10zillion mobs spawed to atk at once, its going to take awhile to kill them all, so add more time as a cool down period between waves. So after the 5th wave for example, the 6th wave will take longer to show up then the last, but will also be more mobs, untill the last size where the selected amount is sent out in each wave then the atk times stay the same.
Could also limit the number of mobs spawned by the number of active spawners near the player at that time
So if your out at a new mining camp in the middle of no where it would seem a few see you but the main wave is still attacking your old base since the spawners thier keep growing after time if you dont kill the bases, but since thier area just generated the spawners still small and havent grown yet to hate you much >.> I dont know

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Modify Atk Rates or Numbers or Both

Post by MF- »

Current enemies are a placeholder.

Bring some turrets with you when you are going outside.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I suggest you to look, how others play this game. For example here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=8&t=998
And in general the "show your creations"-board. There are also many videos outside and some show interesting ways of playing.
The problem you currently have is, that the game let you play very free, but not every way is good and there is nothing, which guides you. More or less like real life. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Well its not hard just annoying to always wait for them huge atk groups to finnaly all die off. They never get into the base or take out any turrents just the groups them selfs are so huge it takes forever to kill them all. I put all my main defense around the research base I put to gether they never get threw. But the last attack before I finnaly went to bed last night i reloaded every turrent to max ammo then waiting for the next atack and cleared all the ammo off the transport belts just to get a idea how many mobs thier was, with 47 turrents each with 100ammo bu the time the attack was over I had 3 turrents left one with 1 ammo and the others had 5 ammo left, all the other turrents was out of ammo by the time the attack was over, that is a lot of ammo, 4700 units per attack, the groups just to large

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

You are right - the enemies are sort of ridiculous at the moment. They will be rebalanced either this or the next update. If you enjoy just building factories you can also try the sandbox mode or the scenario pack (especially tight spot).

Return to “Balancing”