[Request] Dytech-Power artwork

The place to share your custom game graphics.
MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Request] Dytech-Power artwork

Post by MagicLegend »

Hi there,

Since a month or so I'm the developer for the Power module for Dytech. I've started working on new exiting things, such as a nuclear reactor. Now, I'm terrible at making art. This is where I'd like some help.

A list of art that I need:

Icons:

- Nuclear Reactor
- nuclear chemical processor (may be renamed, does anyone have a good idea?) (read down below for info on what I mean by this icon)

chemical compounds:
- Uranium ore (UO2, uraniumdioxide)
- Fluorite ore (CaF2, calciumdifluorite)
- uranium-235 0.7% (Percentage is purity of the uranium)
- uranium-235 1.0% (This goes up by 0.5% per step 'till 5%. After that it goes up with 10% 'till 99.9% pure. Use your imagination on how to make clear on what the percentage is. That are a lot of images :))
- tiruraniumhexaoxite (U3O6)
- uraniumhexafluorite (UF6)
- calciumoxide (CaO)

Entities:

- Nuclear reactor + inventorychest next to it. The reactor is 160x160 pixels. On the left side there is a chest. This chest could also use a nice texture. Is it possible to have the chest and reactor both in the same model, just that the chest is extending it? The chest will always be next to the reactor, since that is the input for the reactor. I have an output planned for the reactor, which will be on the right side of the reactor. Maybe have one big model which is split up in 3 chunks for each entity? On the north and south there will be pipes at the middle of the reactorentity.

- Nuclear chemical processor. This will probably be renamed. It will work similar to the chemical plant from the basegame. It will need 1 pipe input, and some form of really complicated and advanced look.

Ores:

- Uranium ore. This is included in this list so you as artmaker can be free in what shade of green you want to use. I'd love some lime-radioactive color.
- Fluorite ore. I like the yellow-orangelike color of the picture of fluorite at the dutch wikipedia page (link to the image)

Technologies:

- Nuclear reactors. This will be the tech which unlocks the reactor itself, including the nuclear chemical processor.
- Uranium-235 xx.xx%. This will be the tech which can be unlocked after the nuclear reactors. This upgrades the purity of uranium-235 that can be used. The x will be replaced with the purity percentage. This will need a lot of images :)

There will be added more stuff to this list at a later date, when I've worked out some more mechanics.

I want to keep the mechanics and art realistic. For some chemical compounds 3D chemical structures can be used. If it has a real world structure (like a powder), I'd prefer that tho.

Thank you in advance.

~MagicLegend
Very good at pressing buttons.

Chaos_Therum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Request] Dytech-Power artwork

Post by Chaos_Therum »

You could call the Nuclear Chemical processor. A Nuclear Enrichment container. Or Uranium Enrichment Container. It can en wither put out enriched uranium or yellow cake uranium. Just ideas sorry but can't help with the art.

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

Chaos_Therum wrote:You could call the Nuclear Chemical processor. A Nuclear Enrichment container. Or Uranium Enrichment Container. It can en wither put out enriched uranium or yellow cake uranium. Just ideas sorry but can't help with the art.
Sounds good! Thank you for thinking with me :)

~ML

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

Chaos_Therum wrote:You could call the Nuclear Chemical processor. A Nuclear Enrichment container. Or Uranium Enrichment Container. It can en wither put out enriched uranium or yellow cake uranium. Just ideas sorry but can't help with the art.
Sounds good! Thank you for thinking with me :)

~ML

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

For the name, maybye uranium centrifudge?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

first steps ;)
you need to test ingame and choose the best variant
or if you like can you color-balance your own variant
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

psorek wrote:For the name, maybye uranium centrifudge?
I plan to do more with it than uranium (plutonium :lol: ), so something like 'nuclear' in the name is better.

~ML

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

YuokiTani wrote:first steps ;)
you need to test ingame and choose the best variant
or if you like can you color-balance your own variant
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Wow. That looks so amazing! Thank you so much! :D

~ML

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i make another step ... it's a test concept, but you have something with you can work and i can see how it works/looks ingame. for the moment no animation, but animated nuke-symbol or rotating alert-light possible. if have not make chest, but right-green indicates uran goes in, and left-red should be waste-output. maybe some arrows can make this more clear.

ImageImage

i can make all requested icons, i count ~ 16 for the uran-process, but i think this will not very good playable, and of course easy way to do this is integrate the numbers into the icons.

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

YuokiTani wrote:i make another step ... it's a test concept, but you have something with you can work and i can see how it works/looks ingame. for the moment no animation, but animated nuke-symbol or rotating alert-light possible. if have not make chest, but right-green indicates uran goes in, and left-red should be waste-output. maybe some arrows can make this more clear.

ImageImage

i can make all requested icons, i count ~ 16 for the uran-process, but i think this will not very good playable, and of course easy way to do this is integrate the numbers into the icons.
Looks really nice. I can work with that. I think the idea with the red and green light is a really good idea, I'll have a look at how to implement this in the game. Can you make the following textures:

- Only the left red light on
- Only the right green light on
- Both lights on

Can you make these with the light in the middle in both states (red on, green off and green on, red off)? This would be a really nice indicator if the reactor is running or not. Maybe would a glow with the color of the lamps make it a bit clearer which light is on?
If i have these, I can experiment with the flashing lights, I really love this idea! I think a animated nuclear symbol would be really difficult to work with with the idea i have for the flashes. The animations would get scrambled and such, which doesn't make it pretty :) I think people will learn really quickly what item goes in which chest, otherwise some strange things will happen :twisted:

About the items for the uranium, I think having a bar at the bottom, or a number of the percentage U-235 is the most clear. I will leave up to your imagination on how this can be handled the best.

EDIT:

I want to use the following textures for the uranium and fluorite:
ImageImage
I like these colors the most. If you could base the items on these colors, then that would be amazing! :D

~ML

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

ImageImageImageImage

UF6 Image CaO Image Flourite-Ore Image Uran-Ore Image

Serie-A 0-5%
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Serie-A 5%-99.9%
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Serie-B 0-5%
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

because you use % in description no values on icon needed

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

Looks lovely! Thank you :D

I prefer the icons with the green/gray bar under them, I think that is the clearest indication of what tier the uranium is. If you could make those for the 10, 20, 30 ... 80, 90 percent ( 9 in total, the tenth (99.9%) wil be Image )

I'm looking forward to the texture for the chemical processor! :D

~ML

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

Yesterday night I came up with the idea of using membranes in the recipes for the uranium. This is because in the real world there is a method with membranes to create more pure u-235. I want to use the tiers from the gems, so there are five membranes in total. There is a:
- ruby membrane
- sapphire membrane
- topaz membrane
- emerald membrane
- diamond membrane

I need textures ;). I would like the color of the membrane in the frame to clarify which tier it is (so the color of the gem, possibly taken from the github). For the recipe I want to use a membrane frame, which is made up of iron sticks.

Also I'd like to have a 'neutral' membrane, which could have a off-white/creamy color. This is to people can disable the other system with gems if they desire to do so.

One more thing about the reactor textures (#OCD :roll: ): I'd like if the lamps are off at the left or right side that the 'lamp' still has the color like it has on the 'run' reactor design you showed me (so without the glow effect). Also, I missed a few options:
right red light ON while the on/off is RED
left green light ON while the on/off is GREEN

I'd like having the last 'run' version (http://johnsmith.ktec.de/factorio/mods/ ... or-run.png) with the light ontop of the on/off light ON (so I can make it flash :))

Thank you! :D

~ML

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

for the reactor-gfx i need a matrix like (because too many lights to switch on or off or not ^^)

0-y-0-0-00
<left side 0-off, g-glow><center yellow/run><right side><light><button green><button red>
0- for off, 1 for on or color

following gfx nearly named after this
Image Image Image

i think this is not a bad variant for 10-90%
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

i don't know how a nuclear-membran should look
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

matpmag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by matpmag »

Can I just say that these graphics are absolutely mind-blowing :shock: - Really looking forward to seeing this in game! Keep up the great work guys!

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

YuokiTani wrote:for the reactor-gfx i need a matrix like (because too many lights to switch on or off or not ^^)

0-y-0-0-00
<left side 0-off, g-glow><center yellow/run><right side><light><button green><button red>
0- for off, 1 for on or color

following gfx nearly named after this
Image Image Image

i think this is not a bad variant for 10-90%
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

i don't know how a nuclear-membran should look
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matrix like style:
Haha, i'll try my best for the matrix like style :) It looks like you've got the lights almost right.

based on this format: <left side 0-off, g-glow><center yellow/run><right side><light><button green><button red> I'll need:

0-y-1-0-0-1
1-y-0-0-1-0

New uranium textures:
I think i prefer the green bars, they seem a bit more like the artstyle of Factorio itself...

Membranes:
I also have no idea. These seem like they will fit in just fine :D

Thank you so much for helping! :D

~ML

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

matpmag wrote:Can I just say that these graphics are absolutely mind-blowing :shock: - Really looking forward to seeing this in game! Keep up the great work guys!
Haha. Some of it is already ingame. I believe the version is supposed to release at the end of May... 8-)

~ML

matpmag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by matpmag »

MagicLegend wrote:I believe the version is supposed to release at the end of May... 8-)
Awesome! Now if I could just finish my exams instead of playing Factorio... :lol:

MagicLegend
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MagicLegend »

matpmag wrote:
MagicLegend wrote:I believe the version is supposed to release at the end of May... 8-)
Awesome! Now if I could just finish my exams instead of playing Factorio... :lol:
Instead of programming :D

Have exams in two weeks... Maybe the release will be a bit later then Dysoch and I want, but shit happens I guess :)

matpmag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by matpmag »

MagicLegend wrote: Instead of programming :D

Have exams in two weeks... Maybe the release will be a bit later then Dysoch and I want, but shit happens I guess :)
Well all the best mate! Hope you do well ;)

Return to “Texture Packs”