[REQUEST] New F mod textures

The place to share your custom game graphics.
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[REQUEST] New F mod textures

Post by Kayanor »

Hello,
as you may have played with the F mod, you may also have noticed their WIP textures.

I'm not good at making models or textures at all, so if someone could do that, I'd be very grateful. :)
You won't need to download the recent version of the mod, I've created a beta access, where every single file can be seen and downloaded.

Thank you in advance!
Former moderator.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] New F mod textures

Post by YuokiTani »

the drilling tower is here Forum - Page 2 - had it ingame in the past (9.8)

i'am not sure what you mean with WIP textures - for me looks every entity has a image in current version 11.16. (beta hidden ?)
or have i missed something Screenshot
sure improvments always possible.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Yes the drilling tower looks pretty good. :D Thank you

With WIP I meant the rocket and maybe the landing platform.

And the beta access is hidden, I don't like to have an incomplete version for public.
If you want access, just tell me. :D
Former moderator.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I have a rocket texture that looks a bit better, I will send it later (not at pc atm)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Kajanor wrote:Yes the drilling tower looks pretty good. :D Thank you
I tought you had the Rocket in mind - but i can't make it - because ficolas has invested some time in this gfx and i don't want make his work useless !
With other stuff i can help (Alien-Assembly, Item-Collector, Charger) - but takes some time.

ps:
implied i could make the rocket better, i would ficolas name on the platform and Kajanor at the rocket - nice symbolic reference to the mod-makers/development in my opinion.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

YuokiTani wrote:
Kajanor wrote:Yes the drilling tower looks pretty good. :D Thank you
I tought you had the Rocket in mind - but i can't make it - because ficolas has invested some time in this gfx and i don't want make his work useless !
With other stuff i can help (Alien-Assembly, Item-Collector, Charger) - but takes some time.

ps:
implied i could make the rocket better, i would ficolas name on the platform and Kajanor at the rocket - nice symbolic reference to the mod-makers/development in my opinion.
It wouldnt be useless, since I have learned from it, and Im getting better :D. I have made graphics for the game im developing even knowing that once I get an artist they will be replaced, because maybe some day I will be good enough to make graphics for it :)

That would be quite cool but I think I lost the blender file when I changed my pc, can try to do it with ps tho

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i have made a alien-assembly because i had a idea to test :)
very much purple - but it looks aliens love purple ;)

the bigger image looks good - but works not ingame - so i need to change contrast, maybe you like it anyways.

icons in 32 & 64 px
ImageImage

irregulary pylon-movement
16 frames, 4 lines, 112 x 112 px, shift around x+0.5
-> Sheet <-

alternative maybe a gray-building works too.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

That looks really cool :o
I really hope I would be as good xD

Here are the rocket images I found:
Click
And the last thing I made for my game, I think it looks a bit better than the rocket, but still sucks.
Click
If you want I can remove the blue background, but I think that if somebody else makes the rocket it would look much cooler

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

I tested the new alien assembling machine ingame right now, it looks very nice. :)
Especially the hexagons make it look more alien-like (in my opinion).

I've added it to the upcoming F mod version :D
Former moderator.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

ficolas wrote: And the last thing I made for my game, I think it looks a bit better than the rocket, but still sucks.
Click
not really, if your whole game in this style. then it looks as intended. :) - for me many times better as 8bit-Retro-Style ...

somewhere in this forum-section i had made a relative rl-correct blast-furnace - i should rework the gfx and see if fits into style to f-mod.

i will download the new f-mod version when comes out. after all it's one of big five's ;)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i'am nearly sure i missunderstood foundry, blast-furnace, forge because pipe-connections etc.
but testing a idea of a forge - maybe you can use it - it's not perfectly done at the moment.

icon

sheet, same frame as the current forge (32) - but 112x112 shift ~ 0.25-0.5 - needs tested ingame
->Sheet<-

i'am also not sure if a 4x4 tile looks better, but then pipes offset or 5x5 ... depends on personal preference

quick-view 3 frames from cycle in higher-resolution (4x)
ImageImageImage

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Your work is so nice :)

Me jealous

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Oh, I totally forgot this topic while looking and judging on pictures while listening to music. :oops:
The forge graphics, you gave me, are looking... like a forge! :D That means, they're in. :D
Even if I need to adjust their shift and animation speed, and maybe the size of the whole machine. :P

The upcoming version of the F mod contains a huge assembling machine to produce the big rocket. (Damn multiplayer, messing up the whole scripts. :x)
That will be around 6 or 7 tiles wide and high and still needs its graphics.
If you want to do that big thing, I'd be very grateful. And if you do it, you have time, I didn't made the module's folder since I got the report that the rocket is locked up. :P

Thank you in advance!
Former moderator.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

friday-facts says factorio 0.12 break script-mods ... seems i have a lot of time ...

you still looking for rocket, and launchpad or new rocket-factory makes them obsolete ?

and at least i have translated foundry to "Gießerei" ... the sheet features a cycle
as always still something todo ... animation_speed, shifts, resize if needed ^^ ... designed 3x3, 112x128 each frame ... 32 frames, 16 per line

-> Sheet <-

bigger views from cycle (prepare [induction heat-ring], cast, transport)
ImageImageImage

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

YuokiTani wrote:friday-facts says factorio 0.12 break script-mods ... seems i have a lot of time ...

you still looking for rocket, and launchpad or new rocket-factory makes them obsolete ?
That's why I'm trying to simplify the code as much as possible. I already made a treefarm integration so the complicated growing-and-replacing algorithm is a treefarm addon delivered as a F-mod module (F-mod-mod :lol:).

The next are the travelling rockets. In my thought, they're made in a big-sized assembling machine and only the last stage can be placed. So for stages 1 to 4 only a icon is needed. The last stage - the final rocket - will be placeable as the actual ones are.
As script-based placing of container entities automatically locks them, the landing platform will not appear under the rocket at the rocket build-up, it'll be needed to build them by hand (or construction robot).

Also, I need to fix the codes of the umd and the prospecting device, they cannot use their "resource"-variable any more.
But first I need to resort the control.lua by entity not by trigger event. Then the whole umd or prospecting device code is in one piece, so finding something in it would be more easy.
Former moderator.

Return to “Texture Packs”