[REQUEST] More vanilla like textures for lots of mods.

The place to share your custom game graphics.
y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[REQUEST] More vanilla like textures for lots of mods.

Post by y.petremann »

Hello

I'm on the way of creating a mod and updating another mods for personnal use (maybe it would be accepted for public if original authors accepts) :
FactoChem
FactoChem would be a mod about chemicals like in spacechem or minechem. there would be 4 main machines :
  • Disassembly Reactor
  • Assembly Reactor
  • Fusion reactor
  • Fission reactor
I would like them to reflect the idea of spacechem but also the style of factorio.
Red Alert Harvester
This mod is really interesting because you don't need to build and destroy everytime, you go mining with your harvester and put all in the "refinery"
there is two elements I've found for it :
The harvester :
The refinery :
To be correct, it should have the orientation as common factorio building, it should also feels more automatic than a building were peoples goes inside.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] More vanilla like textures for lots of mods.

Post by YuokiTani »

i don't know what or which size you have expected ...

designed for 3x3 tiles ingame
ImageImage
ImageImage

bigger view if later needed
ImageImage

you can also try this ->Sheet<- - 112x100 px but looks not very well ingame. if you want to use, i can change to more harvester looking.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

YuokiTani wrote:i don't know what or which size you have expected ...

designed for 3x3 tiles ingame
ImageImage
ImageImage

bigger view if later needed
ImageImage

you can also try this ->Sheet<- - 112x100 px but looks not very well ingame. if you want to use, i can change to more harvester looking.
I was aiming 3x3 machines so that good fr now.
I like your fission reactor, I think that two or three pipes going to the top could add complexity while keepping the idea.
For the fusion reactor, my main way to think is the Iter reactor, the spherical looking is good but I think having something looking like coils at the sides would add this factorio raw looking of machines (thing I really like)

For the harvester, that right, I think that it should reflect more the idea, the first part is that it don't have the harvesting thing on the front of the vehicule.

Thanks to take attention to the request and making this awesome graphics.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i have changed the things a little around ...

ImageImageImage

and testing vehicles
ImageImage

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

I think you have inverted (intentionnaly or not) what I've said, you have put pipe/wire on the fusion reactor and magnetic fields things on the fission reactor.

I think that the reactors would be based on fission reactor to have something similar in appareance.

This night I've changed something a bit and my mod works now with fluids, so is it possible to put pipe integration ?
The fission reactor had 1 input and 2 outputs

Code: Select all

###>
>###
 ###>
The fusion reactor had 2 input and 1 outputs

Code: Select all

>###
 ###>
>###
And again thank for all your work.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

y.petremann wrote:I think you have inverted (intentionnaly or not) what I've said, you have put pipe/wire on the fusion reactor and magnetic fields things on the fission reactor.
I think that the reactors would be based on fission reactor to have something similar in appareance.
This night I've changed something a bit and my mod works now with fluids, so is it possible to put pipe integration ?
The fission reactor had 1 input and 2 outputs
my mistake ...
pipes ? - (because they are not scaled -> trouble) - you can use ingame pipeoverlay. if you want in gfx itself you need all variants because assemblys can rotate, so in all 4 directions all 3 pipe-connections needed or rotated gfx. you can see a pipe-hook-solution that should connects ingame correct down below.
ImageImage

visual gfx is in 45° ... but tiles not in angle, so pipes connect in same distance vertical and horizontal. to make a correct connection it needs to stretch the image and this makes rotations need more work. another nice feature is tiles ingame paint from top to down, and vanilla-pipes sliced. so you need to integrate into gfx the other side of the connection (around 6-8 px slice) - i'am personally think to much about it - i leave it not perfect connected. for me it's not worth the time and a frustrating operation.

suggested as assembly-reactor and disassembly-reactor
ImageImage
ImageImage

and at last i have tested to fit all in a wallpaper ... 1920x1200 (not color-corrected)

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

For now pipes are required because of the way the mod works, The way I thinked about them is to integrate them correctly and simply having the north, east, south and east render of the structure, like for the chemical plant.

Your work is awesome man ... do you actually have a job in 3d creation ?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

y.petremann wrote:Your work is awesome man ... do you actually have a job in 3d creation ?
no, i work as mechanic/locksmith - 3d done in free time after work.

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

Did these things make it into a mod?
I would love to see them in the game, especially the truck.

Return to “Texture Packs”