[DONE] Sand (and maybe clay) patches

The place to share your custom game graphics.
BuilderOfAges
Inserter
Inserter

[DONE] Sand (and maybe clay) patches

Post by BuilderOfAges »

I'm working on a mod that adds two custom resources: sand and clay. As a placeholder, I've been using the sand-dune-decals and concrete-hole-decal from the base game. The concrete-hole-decal actually works pretty good for clay: though it's in the base game, it's not used anywhere else that I can see, and it's pretty recognizable.

The sand-dune-decals for sand patches don't work very well though: as you might expect, they are nearly impossible to find on sand / desert terrain. I need to find something for sand patches that isn't in the base game and will stand out a bit more.

This works

This doesn't

It should be similar in style to __base__/graphics/decorative/sand-dune-decal/sand-dune-decal-00.png and family, similar size, but different enough to stand out on a desert background. Even a single style would be great, though multiple would make the entire patch look more interesting.

And if anyone is feeling creative, some original graphics for clay patches would also be very appreciated. It's not as urgent as the sand, since concrete-hole-decal works reasonably well, but more original graphics would make the mod even more compelling, of course.
Last edited by BuilderOfAges on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] Sand (and maybe clay) patches

Post by darkfrei »

Did you try to add to concrete-hole-decal parameter tint={r=0.66,g=0.5,b=0.33}?

BuilderOfAges
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BuilderOfAges »

I can add a tint to sprites as well as icons? Awesome!

concrete-decal-tint-darkfrei.jpg
concrete-decal-tint-darkfrei.jpg (50.99 KiB) Viewed 4042 times

Good call on that tint! I think I'll add a bit more red though: {r = 0.9, g = 0.5, b = 0.33}

concrete-decal-tint-boa.jpg
concrete-decal-tint-boa.jpg (52.49 KiB) Viewed 4042 times
Last edited by BuilderOfAges on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuilderOfAges
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BuilderOfAges »

I tried {r = 1, g = 0.8, b = 0.8} for the dune decal and it works pretty well.

dune-tinted-sand.jpg
dune-tinted-sand.jpg (22.09 KiB) Viewed 4042 times

This solves the immediate problem. I still wouldn't mind using original graphics in the long term, but this will do as a placeholder.

Thanks darkfrei!

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

BuilderOfAges wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:25 pm
This solves the immediate problem. I still wouldn't mind using original graphics in the long term, but this will do as a placeholder.

Thanks darkfrei!
You are welcome!

Return to “Texture Packs”