[Request] Graphics for Tater Space Station

The place to share your custom game graphics.
tat3rjr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] Graphics for Tater Space Station

Post by tat3rjr »

I have been working on a mod that lets you build in space: Tater Space Station

I am horrible at making graphics, so if anyone can make these models for me. I will greatly appreciate it.

The graphics I need help with:
  • Space Elevator
    • It is a space elevator. It should look like a giant pole going into the sky with rocket attached to it with a base supporting the pole.
    • The pole should look like this, but more in a factorio style
    • The base should look like it is able to support the pole. There should look like there is a way for the player to walk into the elevator.
    • If there is no good way to make the pole look like it is going into the sky, then the space elevator should look like a teleporter from star trek.
    • Like this
  • Space Energy input/output
    • These are buildings that transfer power from the space station to nauvis or the other way around. The input building and output building should look similar.
    • They are wireless electricity transporters, so they should look like a tesla tower.
    • Tesla Tower
  • Space Assembler
    • Basically an assembler that is white. I tried to recolor it, but when recolored it to white. It looked washed out.

Stragemque
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Request] Graphics for Tater Space Station

Post by Stragemque »

Hey so not sure if you're still developing this but if you are;

I'm making a mod that seems like it could share assets with this, especially the space elevator. I can manage doing graphic but am stuck on the coding part.

The space elevator seems totally doable, you would need to figure out how to tile the basic pole graphic so it reaches the top of the screen, and animate the pod going up and down. Their is a limit on graphics resolution, max 2056 max in one direction, so just a really long graphic wont cover the whole screen, it's also a bit of a memory waist.

My mod adds colonists to the game and I have been trying to add a rocket landing site, but it's proven tricky to workout the scripting for the animation. A space elevator would be an awesome alternative way to add colonists.

To kick things off I attached the space assembler graphic, replaced the yellow with white, I can also add a superimposed logo onto the side, like I did with my capacitor mod.
Attachments
space-assembling-machine.png
space-assembling-machine.png (727.11 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
hr-space-assembling-machine.png
hr-space-assembling-machine.png (2.4 MiB) Viewed 3720 times
zinovic

Stragemque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stragemque »

I made a pull request on GitHub, my first ever! So I sort of wanted to try out the system, even if it's not a particularly big change. I also added in the Icon graphic, which was tougher to make not look completely washed out.
zinovic

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

You can add the cabke of the space lift with the beam entity.

Return to “Texture Packs”