[Request] Electrolyser.

The place to share your custom game graphics.
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Request] Electrolyser.

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, I've seen a few other people have some success asking for costom graphics for their mod entities, so I'm going to try the same.

Electrolyser, 3x3.
2 Pipe inlets on one side of building, 2 pipe outlets on the otherwise, each with a gap beteen, so, same pipe layout as a chemical lab.

Apearance, it should look like there's some kind of liquid tank, or any kind of building where the pipes apear to go to that could indicate it contains fluids, with some kind of power cables to that building.

If possible, 3 or 4 alternate colour schemes to help indicate tier like with assemmbly machines (With assembly machines, 1 is grey, 2 is blue, 3 is yellow) in this case, yellow, purple, red, green to match the high end tiers of the other entities in my mod.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Electrolyser.

Post by YuokiTani »

maybe you had this in mind, but pipe-connections are hard to fit proper into game. you need to test/try it and then i can make the different colors and apply shadows or drop the design.

ImageImageImage

i have no good measure-system to put pipes into correct position. they only way is the good old one ... trial & error ^^ - seems i should make a reference-overlay for pipes, shadow-offset ...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

That was definitely a pleasant suprise. It's pretty close to what I was thinking of too, thank you for the effort!

This is one I was trying to do with cut and paste, I didn't get far at all, but it should show the pipe layout that works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/krnrytsp3gtrw ... r.psd?dl=0

After applying my grid and pipes overlay to your graphics (no I didn't try it actually in game, just checked it against known pipe positions), the main issue I noticed was that in the H version the pipes were too close together, and slightly too long(too long is a non-issue when you add pipe cover graphics), yet in the V version the pipes were almost the right distance appart, but too short.
Also, the pipes are slightly too small.
Perhaps the view angle needs to be from slightly more above the structure (to stretch the footprint of the base taller) to fix this pipe alignment issue? Alternatively some skewed perspective to stretch it taller, or a combination of the 2?
I also have a Patreon.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i have used your overlay to make it match, better you check this too. if okay, next step apply different colors & stuff for tiers.
ImageImage

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

That seems to line up. looks pretty good in game too, though there is the slight issue with the bottom pipes on the V orientation, but that's due to the way the pipe entity graphics are drawn to the tile end, rather than a whole pipe. There's a bit of a gap where you can see the open pipe end between the pipe and the electrolyser.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6s41q7e330px9 ... 2.png?dl=0

Since this isn't a symetrical design, is it possible to have all 4 orientations, rather than just the 2 you've shown so far?

I really do apreciate your help :3
I also have a Patreon.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

you can try to use pipeoverlay simarly to assembly but maybe new pics are enough.

here comes a series of pics ^^
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

i think it's easier to add in photoshop a generic drop-shadow, because if i try to render the shadow, the pic-size and the now correct overlay will wreck.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'm going to add these to my mod now, and will work on shadows, and any pipe overlays later.

Thank you very much for your help, I'll be sure to add your name in the readme file.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Texture Packs”