Solid edge > Blender modelling

The place to share your custom game graphics.
Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Solid edge > Blender modelling

Post by Sneaker2 »

Hi guys,

I have a short question for all the more advanced modellers.
For a long time I tried to create a texture pack for factorio. I tried blender and ultimatly couldn't get this modelling to work my way. I do however have good experience in Solid Edge (a CAD-software, i am more the engineer guy);

so my question would be if it was possible to create models in SE and then get the model over to blender, in order render pictures and so on.

Or are there even other ways to use CAD software to create texture packs instead of the 3d modelling? (I am searching for a free 3d-modelling software, that is more like a CAD software, blender just confuses me and slows down my workflow even for simple geometries)

kind regards,

Sneaker2

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Solid edge > Blender modelling

Post by darkfrei »

I've worked with Inventory where you can save .STL file and then import o blender. No color and awful topology.

Stragemque
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Solid edge > Blender modelling

Post by Stragemque »

IMO, the best format is obj as it saves texture information in the accompanying .mtl file as well as a folder with the used textures.

When importing into blender things get a bit funny with textures that have an alpha value. It ends up being black, basically you need to use the node editor to add in the alpha channel so the transparency is properly displayed.
zinovic

Return to “Texture Packs”