getting started in modding

The place to share your custom game graphics.
Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

getting started in modding

Post by Sneaker2 »

Hi,

since I have a lot of ideas for mods I've long been thinking to get into it myself. The problem is, that I tried to get used to blender and it simply doesnt do it for me. Now I have a lot of fun creating 3D Objects in Solid Edge and I would like to know if it would be possible to create such skins /objects in SE for factorio? Or if there are other programs/ways (possibly free software) which can be used to create skins?

For me blender is simply lacking some more control features, since I think it relies heavily on posting pictures into the program and drawing of these pictures (maybe I can create such picture with SE and then create them in blender for skins?).

My first goal would be to create a new skin for a train car (yes I know these are very high goals for a start, but I also think it is worth it and would get me a deeper understanding of the mechanics of the programs and game)

My first goal would be to create a skin that would make a train car look like an AGV (automated guided vehicle) from the Hamburg harbor logistics; picture attached.
HHLA AGV mit container.jpg
HHLA AGV mit container.jpg (81.09 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
If that would work, I'll have further goals ;)

regards, Sneaker2

Return to “Texture Packs”