[Request] Radar/Radio Tower

The place to share your custom game graphics.
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Request] Radar/Radio Tower

Post by Optera »

I'm looking for an artist who could provide me with a form of radar or radio tower to update the graphics from vehicle radar.

I imagine a big electric pole with mounted static antennas or a radar dish on top to go along with the Factorio theme of reusing existing items.
It would be nice to have both variants so vehicle and train tracker are visually distinct.

Last edited by Optera on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Art Request - Radar/Radio Tower

Post by Supercheese »

The Wireless Signals mod has some relevant graphics you may find useful.
github.com/ItsTheKais/wireless-signals wrote:The models used for this mod's graphics were made by BS2001. They are available for "unrestricted use" and were obtained from: http://www.sharecg.com/v/81581/browse/5 ... models-OBJ

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Thanks, but the reason i made an art request is so I don't have to install blender or similar 3d graphic software, set up angle, lighting and so on to generate proper sprites for Factorio.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Optera wrote:Thanks, but the reason i made an art request is so I don't have to install blender or similar 3d graphic software, set up angle, lighting and so on to generate proper sprites for Factorio.
I was thinking you could use the already-rendered sprites as-is -- but if they don't suit your purposes, then yes, perhaps it is better to seek other sources.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Supercheese wrote:
Optera wrote:Thanks, but the reason i made an art request is so I don't have to install blender or similar 3d graphic software, set up angle, lighting and so on to generate proper sprites for Factorio.
I was thinking you could use the already-rendered sprites as-is -- but if they don't suit your purposes, then yes, perhaps it is better to seek other sources.
Sadly he used varying angles and kept the ground plates, making those sprites clash against another and Factorio structures.
Also that pack contains a radar tower with rotating dish, not using something this ideal would feel like a waste. ;)

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

You might have better luck making an art request in the Texture Packs Forum (see this thread for the information you should provide in your request).

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topic moved to Texture packs
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Exasperation wrote:You might have better luck making an art request in the Texture Packs Forum (see this thread for the information you should provide in your request).
Koub wrote:[Koub] Topic moved to Texture packs
Thanks.

Return to “Texture Packs”