[Request] Textures for my mods

The place to share your custom game graphics.
drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Request] Textures for my mods

Post by drs9999 »

Hello, I am looking for people, who want to support me with some textures for my mods:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=14&t=484
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=14&t=553

Atm i just focus on coding and use placeholder-textures also I am not the best art/graphic-guy.
The building-textures dont have to be animated for now.

At the moment I need textures for:

- Stone-Crusher (1x1 Building?!)
- Chemical-Lab

- Fertilizer ( Research)

Just a small contribution would be awesome!!!
Also if you have any suggestion send me a pm or post it in the linked mod-threads.
Last edited by drs9999 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Textures for my mod

Post by FreeER »

Just a quick question, but do you still need all of these? If not I suggest you edit the post to show what you already have.
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Request] Textures for my mods

Post by drs9999 »

*Updated first post*

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

think now i got the right thread ...

i have made some icons, maybe useful ... i use some of them
first 5, glue capsule or ammo, then coal-coke, fertilizer, glue, medicine, nutrients.

file: ~32 kB treefarm_icons_01.zip

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I cannot even remember that I made this thread, soo old :D

But thanks!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

next part of the puzzle ...

i have made a glue-turret (gun - 2 ones right )
parameter, spritesheet, icon - here
2 fancy images from glue-turret with real-perspektive and higher resolution
also reworked cokery inculdes pipe-connection, and some little changes in graphic
but pipepicture and pipe_covers need to be disabled
parameter, spritesheet - here

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Thanks again.

I have a small issue with the cokery. There are no accesible pipeconnections at the bottom (and top)., so this is a bit misleading. Would it be too much work to adjust that?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

drs9999 wrote:Thanks again.
I have a small issue with the cokery. There are no accesible pipeconnections at the bottom (and top)., so this is a bit misleading. Would it be too much work to adjust that?
If you rotate the cokery you can pump out north and south. i have tried this and it's functional, so i have made the south pipe. if you change "off_when_no_fluid_recipe = false," then you can see/try this. (needed 3 different animations -West-connection, East-Connection - no Connection - but pipe still connects and fluid flows )

i think in prototyopes you only define the first/standard-connections - bioreactor and biolab also full rotateable

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

before i texture and animate my interpretation for a bioreactor - whats your opinion about the pipe-connections.
i think i render without connection and do the separate overlays, the orginal works not very good. easier is to integrate all connection around (3 per side) used or not.
maybe better, i do the animation without any pipe-connections, and if you would use/like the animation i make the pipe-overlay-connections later.

for imagination, the center tank fills and empty and a whorl spins + some other tiny actions (of course green/blueish fluid-colors ;) )

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Sorry for the late reply. RL kept me busy and also there is a world-cup going on that needs my attention ;)
YuokiTani wrote:If you rotate the cokery you can pump out north and south. i have tried this and it's functional
Actually that is awesome, because I tested it with 0.9.8 and it was changed (unmentioned) in 0.10.0.
So because of the change my idea is to have an (always visible) pipe-connection on the right side. That means that the model has to be rendered for all 4 directions. (See picture)
cokery-idle.png
cokery-idle.png (117.62 KiB) Viewed 23060 times
Not sure how much work this would be, but I guess if you send me the blender file I can render it by myself.

And for the bioreactor (which looks good): I had something more "cleaner" compared to the dirty industry in-game in my mind. Something like that thing on the left:
(Or just google "Photobiorector")
Also it does not matter if the pipe-connections are integrated in the model or seperated, because they are always visible anyway, but then again - if integrated - the model has be rendered for all 4 directions.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

drs9999 wrote: Not sure how much work this would be, but I guess if you send me the blender file I can render it by myself.
I make these pics and animations with my own program, because i'am also a blender-noob. no blender-file avaible - sorry.
i remove the pipe-connection, and render this connections separate maybe background-overlay work. because the ingame-perspektive the cokery is longer as you think, i would say not rotable, otherwise the new width/deepth would look weird. maybe it should be more closed to looks more compact - but i think i try this later. beside that, i make a new graphic/animation if i had see the old long enough - and unhappy with it ;)
drs9999 wrote: And for the bioreactor (which looks good): I had something more "cleaner" compared to the dirty industry in-game in my mind.
Also it does not matter if the pipe-connections are integrated in the model or seperated, because they are always visible anyway, but then again - if integrated - the model has be rendered for all 4 directions.
- clean is good, it's easier to texture - and i can do the biolab also clean. this flurozens-light-glow think can i catch :)
- okay i will render without-pipe it's also easier, because correct spaced position the pipe-connections is a pain - but the overlays looks not always good - maybe we get later a better solution if realy needed.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Hmm, for the cokery it might be better/ easier to simply revert the recipe-changes I made. This would solve the following issues:
- not need to deal with pipe-connectors
- only one spritesheet for ONE direction is needed, because assembling-machines without pipe-connections cannot be rotated (well, they can be rotated, but the collision-box is not updated properly then, so I would disallow it)

Apart from that I only added the methanol-recipe in the cokery for realism, but if the effort is so much bigger than the gain - then screw it. There are other ways to produce methanol that should be sufficient.
YuokiTani wrote:- clean is good, it's easier to texture - and i can do the biolab also clean. this flurozens-light-glow think can i catch :)
Just do not make it glow too much, I am not going to add a light source that would symbolize the glowing ;)
YuokiTani wrote:- okay i will render without-pipe it's also easier, because correct spaced position the pipe-connections is a pain - but the overlays looks not always good - maybe we get later a better solution if realy needed.
I have an idea, can you make 2 models one with - the other - without pipes? The pipe-connector-positions to not have to be correct and one per side should be sufficient, also I would need only one frame from the "with-pipe"-model. I guess, or better I hope, that I can extract the connectors from the graphic and use them as overlay. Another idea is to adapt the assembling-machine-2 texture/color (for the foundation), so I can re-use its pipe-connectors ;)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

some bioreactor in action
Icon + Animation for testing
maybe its easier to overlay the pipe-to-ground-pics as pipe-connectors as seen here

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Looks great!

Just a small point, I believe I can manage to create the pipe connections by myself, but could you remove the silver/grey ?pipes? on the left & right side, that would make it easier for me.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

drs9999 wrote:Just a small point, I believe I can manage to create the pipe connections by myself, but could you remove the silver/grey ?pipes? on the left & right side, that would make it easier for me.
removed, also added shadows - but this cause sometimes issues - so both version for your test aviable
Animations found here

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

new coke-icon Image

i noticed recently that the glue-turret shots rockets ... so gfx should refer this ... and as i worked on, 3 variants come out
V1-place - V1-AnimSheet
V2-place - V2-AnimSheet
V3-place - V3-AnimSheet
pics from the original rocket-launchers

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

yesterday i saw FishSandwich's mod-spotlight about Treefarm ... and he criticized a missing animation. i can't accept this ;)

so here the missing sheet - ready to implement

(if it's to wide simply resize the whole sheet in x-axis)
of course pipe-connections are not perfect aligned - as always ... sry

26 frames, 13/line

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Supplement: BioLab - clean version

icons 32x32 and 64x64 (tech ?)
ImageImage

sheet 16 frames, 4x4 - shift, align not testet, one direction -> here <- can rescaled if not fit

4x (HiRes)-variant - 96x96 -> 288x288

Return to “Texture Packs”